Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
2,550 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is a nice little kit! I bought it for its therapeutic value, and it has been a pleasant experience. Thing is, I'm loath to cement it together and paint it, until I figure out what, exactly, I'm going to do with it. Especially, whether I'm going to light it.

So, how do you display your 1/1000 Enterprise?

·
Oxidation Genius
31,276 Posts
On a shelf. :)

I changed the way it sits on the stand, though. I cut the stand down so the ship sits level.

·
Registered
2,550 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I like the stand that comes in the kit, but I also cut the upright, for level display. And reversed it on the base, so that the insignia faces forward. It looks like I'll have to mount the base to something, to keep the model from tipping over, though.

I thought about hanging the model from the ceiling, but it seems too small, by itself.

·
Registered
3,459 Posts
If and when I finish mine it will be supproted by 2 1.8 mm. rods one at each end of the secondary hull, and the out of box base will be filled painted aand mounted on a piece of wood and hung from a wall.

·
Registered
2,836 Posts
Yeah, be careful if you modify the stand to hold the ship level. Mine almost did a swan dive off my desk! It changes the center of gravity more to the front, much to my surprise. I'm going to cut out a larger delta shield from plastic sheet to go under the base to give it a slightly bigger footprint.

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
Ohhh, beeblebrox, I like that model and the "Space Seed" display!

Here's mine. It's on a stained and varnished wood base I got at a craft store. The brass rod fits into a brass tube inside the model.

My USS Exeter

·
Registered
903 Posts
Let me see ... there are chasers in the warp nacelles, flashing lights around the perimeter of the saucer, the impulse engines fade on and off, and for good measure I put a strobe behind the bridge. There is also a sequencer that periodically turns everything on and off (not all at once). But here's the fun part - except for the power supply, its all inside the model.

·
Registered
2,550 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
The model seems small enough, that it could be used in a mobile. Maybe, with sister starships, or with the PL Klingon battlecruiser.

I suppose it could also be suspended from the side, as on a wall plaque, or as if orbiting a lamp.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts