Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello guys, I was wondering whats the best method of making lift kits. Im trying to lift my Mbx jeep Wranglers a couple of HW Nissan Titans etc. All of these are 1/64. Im new to this so be easy lol. But really, any help would be appreciated. Thanks in Advance

Don

·
Registered
244 Posts
Prolly the easiest way is to find another lifted truck with the same or close to wheel base. Then stretch/shorten.......steal and install on original chassis the lifted parts/chassis.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Exactly what Beest said.... I use the Jada High profile chasis's. They are easy to remove from the metal base and can be attached to another car. Now it takes some tweaking but here is a couple examples of what I did. The only thing that I didnt take care of was the fender wells....

·
Registered
5,228 Posts
Sorry I can't answer your question, as I haven't attempted that yet.

I would like to compliment you jadacollector77 though, on the nice job you did on both trucks. I like the way the green rims and the whitewalls went with each truck. Pretty cool!

·
Registered
168 Posts
Making 4X4 wheels tires and axles. The 31x10.50's are from the Toy Zone Baja buggies packaged in the clear boxes you see at Wal-Mart. http://www.toyzoneinc.com/productdetail/MiniMachines.html
You can cut and epoxy the axles from the Baja Buggy to the base. I also use Evergreen scale models plastic tubing. You can get the tubing in different inside diameters depending on what your axle size is. You can find it at most online model railroad stores. Make sure you test fit everything first. I have had to file off the base axles to get the vehicle to sit right first before epoxying anything. On making 31x10.50’s I use the Toy Zone wheels and tires, I remove the wheels from the tires and clip off the little fingers on the rim, then off set it back a little then glue a Johnny Lighting rim to the front of the wheel. I remount the tire to this new wheel. It gives you more wheel options.

For the 33's I use the wheels and tires from the Toy Zone
4 wheelers, Honda, Yamaha, Etc. The solid rims are my favorite because you can drill holes using and pin vise drill to make them look like 5 hole off road wheels. I assemble these the same as above.

Good Luck with your project!!

Here are a few of mine.

And my real rides

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
toyparknyc said:
i know this is a stupid reply but i like your layout in the backround have any more pictures? have any tips?

No reply on a customizing thread is ever stupid. If you don't know, then ask. It's the only way people learn how to do something. No guilt in that. :)

crafty

·
Registered
4,450 Posts
ltfalcon said:
Making 4X4 wheels tires and axles. The 31x10.50's are from the Toy Zone Baja buggies packaged in the clear boxes you see at Wal-Mart. http://www.toyzoneinc.com/productdetail/MiniMachines.html
You can cut and epoxy the axles from the Baja Buggy to the base. I also use Evergreen scale models plastic tubing. You can get the tubing in different inside diameters depending on what your axle size is. You can find it at most online model railroad stores. Make sure you test fit everything first. I have had to file off the base axles to get the vehicle to sit right first before epoxying anything. On making 31x10.50’s I use the Toy Zone wheels and tires, I remove the wheels from the tires and clip off the little fingers on the rim, then off set it back a little then glue a Johnny Lighting rim to the front of the wheel. I remount the tire to this new wheel. It gives you more wheel options.

For the 33's I use the wheels and tires from the Toy Zone
4 wheelers, Honda, Yamaha, Etc. The solid rims are my favorite because you can drill holes using and pin vise drill to make them look like 5 hole off road wheels. I assemble these the same as above.

Good Luck with your project!!

Here are a few of mine.

And my real rides

Just DAMN! Nice work.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts