Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After setting all summer my Oval foam tires seem awful hard. Is there a way to soften them up to were they were or do I have to get new ones? Also could use some tips on how much clean & grip to use on them also for oval racing.

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
Kuag,
I,ve used warm water and Dawn dishwashing soap, seems to help most older tires. Best bet is to store your foams in airtight containers ( I use ziplock sandwich bags ) after cleaning and drying them bagem!

Later, Lee Helander :cool:
Velocity R/C

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
I have seen Go-Jo hand cleaner set overnight on foams to remove flat spots on them.After removing the hand cleaner,apply more and wipe away,keep repeating until the flat spot has been removed or they have softened up.. :dude:

Kevin
Kevin's RC Oval Site

·
Registered
3,102 Posts
Zip Free will soften them up, as will Tire Tweak and Paragon like Erock stated above

·
Team DCM
2,309 Posts
So basically put the Traction Compounds that we use and that should get them back into shape for us, Cool.

H

·
0 Posts
If tires are not worn or chunhed I wash them with soap and water to reduce the buildup of traction compound. I use the Pringle cans both for storage and carrying to and from the track. For tires that may have gotten harder or stiffer I true a bit of rubber if size is 2.25 I take them down to 2.24 to 2.23 sometimes that exposes good rubber if it doesn't I let the traction compound stay on longer before wiping off.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts