Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Tyco & Mopar Freak!
4,913 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
It's almost september and still no pictures of bowtie brigade??? I dont remember if they send a picture of second release of fast and furious before they sell them? or am i wrong? or something to do with the company being sold? I hope they still have those mopar muscle new release this coming november.

Wes

·
Registered
4,512 Posts
They typically show test shots of the new cars a couple of months ahead of the actual release. The lack of such evidence would lead one to believe that the probability of the Bowties coming in September is slim to none. There are a couple of things we've learned so far, through 10 slot car releases:

1) The release dates for the first run JL products always slip. That's just the way it is.

2) When they finally do ship they are usually well worth the wait.

The posted release dates are a goal and they try to meet that goal. But when you're manufacturing something halfway around the world any little slips and delays are compounded. Even if the cars were being manufactured today JL would be hard pressed to get them into the retail channel by September. Having a major regime change right in the middle of a development cycle was also bound to cause a few delays for the next couple of releases.

I hope to see the Bowties by Christmas and the Mopars by Super Bowl Sunday or Daytona speedweeks. If they come earlier, great. If the come later, so what.

·
Premium Member
250 Posts
New release date for Bowtie Brigade Thunderjets

Just received my Product Availability Update from RC2/PM for September 2004 and it now shows that the Bowtie Brigade R1 release date of 11/15/2004!
I have been emailing two different contacts within RC2 for images of both the Bowtie Brigade Thunderjets and the Mopar Muscle X-Tractions but so far nothing is available for release. I have seen three of the prototypes, including the '67 Corvette Coupe, '62 Bubble Top Impala and the '59 Impala Convertible but was told I could not release images until they have been approved.

As I receive info, I will pass it along!

Anyone that wants to pre-order can do so via my website at www.motorcitytoyz.com

PS Just so you know, I still need to update my site with new info and will do so today!

Motor City Toyz
[email protected]

·
Slotcar Fanatic
13,013 Posts
motorcitytoyz said:
I have seen three of the prototypes, including the '67 Corvette Coupe, '62 Bubble Top Impala and the '59 Impala Convertible but was told I could not release images until they have been approved.

Motor City Toyz
[email protected]
Based on what you were shown, what are your thoughts? :eek: rr

·
Premium Member
250 Posts
The three cars that were shown to me had lots of detail and were simply awesome.
The '67 Corvette Roadster will be a great addition to the Chevy slot car line and the '59 Impala Convertible (shown with top up) looked real nice too! My favorite was the '62 Impala Bubble Top.

As soon as I am cleared to release the images, I will do so. I have heard that someone may have a few of the samples on display during the Fest but have not been able to comfirm this yet.

Have a great holiday weekend!
Motor City Toyz

·
Premium Member
250 Posts
Images of the Bowtie Brigade R1 Prototypes

I just wanted to let everyone know that I have been given the okay to release some of the images of the Bowtie Brigade R1 slot cars.

Please remember that these are not the "finished product" but working samples.
These images were emailed to me yesterday afternoon and I confirmed with RC2/PM that I have been given the right to release them.

I have uploaded the images to my website at www.motorcitytoyz.com

The direct link to the page with the images that were released to me is:
http://www.motorcitytoyz.com/ComingSoon.html

Please email me if you have any questions.

Thanks! Have a great weekend.

Jeff Clemence
Motor City Toyz

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
Jeff, Thank you VERY much for posting those pics...........I've never purchased an entire case of slots before .....but this will be a must have series... :thumbsup:

·
Registered
6,355 Posts
WOOOOOHOOOOO!

they look GOOD...

one question: is something missing off the rocker panel of the Vette ragtop? it looks like it's too short...

--rick

·
Registered
4,512 Posts
Ahhh, whetting the appetite for some more new slot cars! Can't wait for these to arrive, then the Mopars, and rumor has it next year is Blue Oval time......

1 - 20 of 26 Posts