Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
10,947 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
1:64 racing replicas from the 1/43 giant MiniChamps. I did not even know that they made 1:64 cars!!!!

I have no idea when these were released (I would guess 2000 to 2003 based on the packaging) but here are three German DTM (thier top road racing series) rides from 1993....these things are AMAZING! Any one have some more to share? Post them up!

Ward

Winner Hockenheim Winner, Opel Calibra

1993 Alfa-Romeo 155 V6 TI

1993 Mercedes-Bez EVO 2

·
Registered
1,980 Posts
Hi Ward.

These look great. I've got a 1:43 Ford Shelby Cobra Roadster by MicroChamps , but no 1:64's...

·
Registered
10,947 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Check that Cobra G, see if it is not a MiniChamps. I think that all of thier 1/43 and bigger cars are "Mini" while the 1:64 are "Micro". I am just learning about the smaller scale myself so I am trying get my info in order.

·
Registered
1,980 Posts
Yes, "Mini", you are absolutely right.

I think the parent company of MiniChamps is called PMA, "Paul's Model Art". I have an outstanding 1:18 Mercedes 300SL Gullwing from PMA.

·
Registered
10,947 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Funny you would mention that, as I just purchased the Porsche 911 GT3 RSR from them (through Russ at Milezone's)...WHAT AN AMAZING CAR! I am going to take pics and share this week. My first MiniChamps 1:18 and it will not be my last!

·
Registered
750 Posts
Great cars. They also made th Mclaren F1 Raod car in 1/64 Heres a couple of pics. Sorry they are Fuzzy, They were taken when I 1st got my camera and didnt know the settings all that well :)

·
Registered
256 Posts
I remember those.

I think the AMGs were a year or two older than the Opels and the Alfas.

I used to have 8 or 10 of them but silly 'ol me traded them for some JLs

I thought the PMA's Michael Schumacher Collection in 1/64 is really nice.

Thanks for sharing.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Not sure of the year but around 1996 I picked up about eight different ones from Exoticar at the NY Auto Show. I have the ones in the OP. Different drivers for the Evo and Alpha. Plus two different versions of the Evo2, a Mercedes Sauber C12, and a couple of Formula 1 cars. There was a complete 20 car Michael Shumacher collection listed in the 1998 edition 1 Minichamps catalog. Some Formula 1 cars, trucks and the Opel were also issued in 1/87 scale. At that time I was hoping they made the E30 M3 in that scale.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Great cars. They also made th Mclaren F1 Raod car in 1/64 Heres a couple of pics. Sorry they are Fuzzy, They were taken when I 1st got my camera and didnt know the settings all that well :)

Nice pics. Whats the black car outside the shop showing in the window?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts