Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How about some pictures of Mustang Prototypes … 1st Shots?….
Wow…I just received my Castline M2 1st SHOT REPLICA of the 1970 Ford Mustang Boss 302. It’s an excellent example of a ‘accurate’ 1st Shot…more so than all the other ‘1st Shot’ replicas I’ve seen which are typically clear coated zamac production models. This motivated me in taking some pictures of some real Mustang 1st Shots from various manufactures that I have collected in my decades of hoarding. Most of these are ‘blank based’ first shots…which makes them very rare and collectible. 1st Shots are generally a hand sample made from brand new dies for testing /fit and are created to check that the castings from the new dies meet the manufactures and licenses requirements.

·
Registered
1,980 Posts
Gorgeous collection! Thank you for sharing. :thumbsup:

If you don't mind me asking, how did you get such a great collection of GL first shots?

·
Registered
2,617 Posts
WOW ! ! You have some BEAUTIFUL prototype Mustangs Roy :thumbsup: I'm drooling all over my keyboard right now. I am fortunate enough to have some prototype Mustangs in my collection. Here are a few of them ......

Playing Mantis JL '66 Shelby prototype (notice wrong year of car on base)

Playing Mantis JL Shelby Zinger Red Test Shot (blank base & rubber tires)

RC2/JL Red Test Shot Zinger Mustangs

Scott

·
Registered
1,532 Posts
Nice collection of prototypes Roy and Scott. :thumbsup:
I've had the pleasure or personally seeing Roy's collection a couple of years ago.
It was like being in a diecast museum seeing so many prototypes and first shots. :eek:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts