Hobbyist Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
How about a Sam Rami 73' Oldsmobile?

Sam Rami, of Evil Dead, Spiderman and Darkman fame always has a cream colored 73' Olds in every one of his films...Has Johnny Lightning put out a 73 Olds? Good car!!The 1970-75 Oldsmobile could very well have been the largest car put out inAmerica in the mid 70s....My brother had a 72 Olds cutlass- that thing may have been large- but it had POWER

·
Banned
98 Posts
TitanicWreck said:
Sam Rami, of Evil Dead, Spiderman and Darkman fame always has a cream colored 73' Olds in every one of his films...
And they say Bruce Campbell too is in everyone of his films...uncredited cameo or speaking part, but in every film to some degree.

Stan

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
Here's a shot of Sam Raimi's '73 Olds as it appeared in Spiderman I; it's actually a Delta 88, but I can't tell if it's a Royale or not.

Although I love these cars (I drove a '76 Delta 88 Royale for a few years that was excellent - the perfect car), I really don't think that this would be a very successful casting for JL to make. After an initial HOW/Raimi release, I can't imagine that there would be much interest in any other versions. (Sincerest apologies to TheDarkCutlass!)

·
Registered
3,518 Posts
BluntFronts said:
Although I love these cars (I drove a '76 Delta 88 Royale for a few years that was excellent - the perfect car), I really don't think that this would be a very successful casting for JL to make. After an initial HOW/Raimi release, I can't imagine that there would be much interest in any other versions. (Sincerest apologies to TheDarkCutlass!)
what? not good for other castings? what about the 77 Delta 88...

ok... maybe your right

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
TheDarkCutlass said:
what? not good for other castings? what about the 77 Delta 88...

ok... maybe your right
Well, I have to admit that I do like that casting, too; who would have ever expected there to be a Targa version of the world's ultimate family car? I know I have a couple of those pace cars around here somewhere...

Actually I would buy the '71 Delta 88s in many colors if JL ever made one in 1/64 scale. I think it's one of the best looking big American cars of all time:

(please note: the blue coupe in the middle photo is actually a 1/24 resin model; check it out here:

http://public.fotki.com/JDURANSO/jeffs_model_cars/finished_conversion/71_olds_delta_88/

That big, federalized slab bumper ruined the '73 -'75s for me; somehow the rectangular headlights helped it blend back into the new '76 styling. I'd buy 1/64 JLs of this '76, too:

Heck, I sure wish I had my 1/1 back...What a great car that was. We called it "Dino the Deltasaurus", although 98s were even bigger.

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
So on a semi-related note, Bruce Campbell lives not too far from where I sit. Also, a few miles north of me there are S-Marts, but they are just little AM/PM type places. Just random Evil Dead / Army of Darkness type stuff. :D

1up

·
Registered
972 Posts
That blue/green 71 resin model is gorgeous! Nice workmanship, great choice of color as well. I certainly would buy a bunch of 71-76 Full sized Olds castings if Jl made them. I also like the 71-73 full-size Buicks, Pontiacs and Chevys. I did not like the big Cadillacs from 74-76 as well as the 71-73's though.

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
robertwadehall said:
I love those land yachts... the '71-73 B-, C- and E- bodies are my favorite full size vintage cars.
I agree. To me the entire 1971 GM line-up is Bill Mitchell's masterpiece, especially the full-sized cars.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
BluntFronts said:
Here's a shot of Sam Raimi's '73 Olds as it appeared in Spiderman I; it's actually a Delta 88, but I can't tell if it's a Royale or not.

I think the reason a cream colored 1973 Oldsmobile is in every Sam Rami film is because that make was his first- and favorite car....
I wonder how many 73 Olds were destoyed in the Evil Dead trilogy?

I love how the release for 'Evil Dead 3' is described in print as 'Ash..and his 1973 Olsmobile-travel back to medieval England"....
Remember how Ash/Bruce campbell converted his olds into an Deadite killing machine? That spinning chopping giant fan on the front of the car was nice- i'd like to add that to my car....Having fallen from the sky, that Olsmobile was pretty resiliant...
I wonder if Evil Dead fans have created a model of Ash's Deadite killing Oldsmobile?

:dude:
That was one of the best custom jobs Ive ever seen!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts