Hobbyist Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

How About A New B-9 Robot?

3K views 35 replies 23 participants last post by  PM Moderator 
#1 ·
Not making any demands here, but being astonished over and over by the quality and detail of Moebius kits, I would love to see a whole new B-9 Robot kit. The old Aurora/PL kit was/is great to have, despite the narrow torso and simplified details, but an all new kit in your hands would be, I think, outstanding!
Just a thought...
Mike

#4 ·
I think part of the problem with that is the licensing. Since Polar Lights has re-released it they obviously hold the rights. I don't know if any other Moebius licensed products are from that studio but it might not be possible to get the license.

#10 ·
If Dave and Frank are considering this one, I`d like to see it as the Robot and Will Robinson. The recent Polar Lights kit had a nice aculpt of Doctor Smith. But to me, Will and the Robot are a classic pair. Almost in the tradition of a boy and his dog.

Just my two cents worth!

Huzz

#11 ·
I don't think the license is an issue-the box for the mini robot is identical to the PL box. I believe the PL Robot is also out of production.
It just would be nice to see a more accurate likeness. Ever since '68 it always bothered me that the torso was too thin. As for the other suggestions, like the force field projector, an outfit like Crow's Nest or Jimmy Flintstone can do something like that. And do it very well!
The addition of a Will Robinson sculpt is a great idea too, but I think ol' B-9 deserves a really great updated kit on his own!

#19 ·
I think we've already been told not in the near future. I'm fine with that. Let Moebius explore new items. The Seaview in that size and the Chariot were the best! Now a Big Correct Jupiter 2! look at the other great kits they have produced. They seem to be on the right track. There are kits I'd like to see made, but I'm sure only 3 other people on the planet would want them, so I'll never ask.

#23 ·
Let me see, I-Hobby was exactly3 weeks ago, come tomorrow..
I just counted, we have 13 kits aleready announced for 2010!
Does anybody suppose that this discussion might be just a few weeks premature?
Give us a chance to get the kits we've already announced underway......then maybe we can talk about more new stuff....Like maybe 6-8 months or so down the road from here!
Ductape has it about right! probably not a bad idea to just close this thread!

Dave

#32 ·
OK. Close the thread but keep a reminder note glued on the freezer door: "2011 - produce a very accurate B9 robot kit. Examine the possibility of full lighting."
Of course they'd do it just right. The existence of Moebius has set the level of expectation very high in terms of potential model kits. No wonder people are bringing up subjects (again and again in some cases).

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.