Hobbyist Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,493 Posts
69Stang said:
I love the two available Camaros, but though a black and white version might look clean and stylish! Just could not take the 20" gold wheels on the white one!

wow, how did you get rid of the red stripes? i am guessing you also swapped the interior out with the stock green one? that looks very clean and sweet!

·
Registered
10,947 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Pewter02WS6 said:
wow, how did you get rid of the red stripes? i am guessing you also swapped the interior out with the stock green one? that looks very clean and sweet!
Fast dry Lacquer(sp?) Thinner on Q-Tips, then waxed the car to restore any shine that might have been lost ( though I saw none, the basic paint coat is amazing on these GL's!). But I did not even try to remove the red rear panel, because I did not want to remove the taillight paint detail.

And yes, just made the interior swap to complete the look, though the dash was a pain! Like some JL's, it is part of the front hood system. But it all worked out pretty well.

Thanks for all the nice comments. I don't know if I have seen a custom GL befor on HT. I may be the first at something! :tongue:

·
Registered
10,947 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks guys, your kind people....no matter what I have said in the past! snicker....

I love the GL's, and though I have purchased all the customs from the MCG series, I have not liked all of them as much as the stock version. You know, just tast. But I just felt this car would be a great match to the stock green one.

I am working on a custom card insert for the package and I am going to send it to someone on the boards.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts