Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Tom, How About a Barris Batmobile slot car ?

Now that licensing issues seam to be resolved with the TV Batmobile .(Barris once told me we would never see that car made again.) .Any chance for an ALL NEW tooling Batmobile slotcar ? Maybe for the new chassis?

pictured here the new HOTWHEELS batmobile diecast.:thumbsup:

·
Tyco & Mopar Freak!
4,913 Posts
mrwillysgasser said:
Now that licensing issues seam to be resolved with the TV Batmobile .(Barris once told me we would never see that car made again.) .Any chance for an ALL NEW tooling Batmobile slotcar ? Maybe for the new chassis?

pictured here the new HOTWHEELS batmobile diecast.:thumbsup:

would love to see this one and all the rest from batman movies..

Wes

·
Model Murdering
7,331 Posts
I'd love to see it! But........ Take a look at the die casts low sweeping trunk line relative to the rear axle position. They'll never pull it off in a slot unless it's a 4X4, and then we're right back where we started, Ugh!........................................................... Inspite of the complications, I wanna try a lowrider conversion anyway. What kid doesnt want the first generation Batmobile? Boff! Pow! Kabam!

·
Model Murdering
7,331 Posts
Cant help myself!

Hi Hammerhead! I'm one of those idiot nit pickers that expects a little more. ;) I'm gonna have to agree to disagree, Aurora's offering came nowhere near the zoopy, sleek, cricket scraper stance of the above pictured diecast. It looked more like something "Alfred" would have driven. :freak: It was high centered and narrow, due in part to the height and length restraints pancake gearplate, and the chassis' axle height positions; as well as the constraints of trying to keep the whole ball of wax somewhere near scale. I'd have to lump it in with the Elva, the 63 split Vette, and the gargantuan VW Beetle. If thats pulling it off? I really dont want to see another morphidyte batmobile. An offering on an XT chassis may relieve some design constraints associated with this low slung 1:1 original. :thumbsup: After seeing this diecast I'd like to revisit the batmobile, install one of my drop axle chassis, and see where I end up. Anybody out there got a suitable Aurora Bat Mobile cull for my R&D project? Help me realize a proper batmobile. Send parts or cash! LOL and LMK....................BH............... Seriously, I do need the body.

·
Tyco & Mopar Freak!
4,913 Posts
what is the difference that JL made batmobile but they lost the license? was it from dc comic that didnt approve it? and aurora did make barris batmobile... are they both totally different body? i am trying to remember why..

Wes

·
Registered
5,553 Posts
You have it correct Wes.
The Barris TV Batmobile and the DC Comics Batmobile were two totally different looking cars...

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
WesJY said:
what is the difference that JL made batmobile but they lost the license? was it from dc comic that didnt approve it? and aurora did make barris batmobile... are they both totally different body? i am trying to remember why..

Wes
JL did a 60s comic book car not too bad .The Barris batmobile is the holy grail of batmobiles. Law suits have keep this car from being made (not including bootlegs of course) since the 70s.
I would like to see it on the new super III chassis .You could have it very low on that chassis.

·
Registered
807 Posts
batmobile

I got to see the batmobile and munster coach in person. That is true the orig. batmobile is the holy gral of cars. So much to see and look at on that car. It is the true goru of bat cars. :thumbsup: All the rest are 2nd beat. :wave:

To the bat cave....

GB

·
Tyco & Mopar Freak!
4,913 Posts
mrwillygasser and noddaz - thanks for the info.. i do hope hat TL and AW will make the car.

Wes

·
Villain
4,632 Posts
videojimmy said:
A whole Barris line would be awesome. A Tom Daniels line would also be incredible
I agree, no doubt. I have been whining for a Barris/Daniels release for awhile now, I think Toms a little hesitant because a lot of slot guys are racers, and even though it would be fun racing a Dragula car against a Batmobile, the true racers probably wouldn't buy anything from the line.

·
Slotcar Fanatic
13,013 Posts
sethndaddy said:
the true racers probably wouldn't buy anything from the line.
Ed,
Don't worry, there's enough of us that will be picking up multiple copies of this one if it is ever available again.

Go ahead Mr. Lowe, make our day. ;) rr

1 - 20 of 25 Posts