Hobbyist Forums banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I didn't see a similar thread, so I'm posting here. I apologize if this has been discussed already. I picked up the most recent issue of Diamond Distributors Previews Catalog (for items shipping in December) and there in its pages is the line up for Hollywood on Wheels 6:

2 Fast 2 Furious: Nissan Skyline Custom
2 Fast 2 Furious: '04 Cadillac Escalade
Vanishing Point: '70 Dodge Challenger
Charlie's Angels (2000) '69 Camaro SS Convertible
Smokey & The Bandit: '77 Firebird
Dukes of Hazzard: '69 Charger, '72 Plymouth Road Runner & Daisy's Jeep CJ-5
Gone in 60 Seconds: '73 Mustang Mach I
The Italian Job: '69 Yenko Nova
The Punisher: '69 Pontiac GTO
and Herbie the Love Bug

My thoughts: Pretty interesting line-up. I knew JL would include some of RC2's castings and licenses in HOW6. I'm just disappointed castings like The Car, Animal House Deathmobile or Greased Lightning didn't make it in. The cars that will definitely make it into my collection are The 2F2F Skyline, Vanishing Point Challenger, and Charlie's Angels Camaro. I'll only pick up the Bandit Firebird and The Dukes of Hazzard cars if they are more accurate than the RC2 previous releases. What are your thoughts?

- Joe J.
www.hollywood-diecast.com

·
Registered
4,105 Posts
I'm pretty sure the Escalade didn't make it into this lineup. Almost certain the Punisher GTO didn't either. I don't think we have the Punisher license even though it's part of Marvel.

·
Premium Member
8,095 Posts
Vanishing Point: '70 Dodge Challenger - cant wait!!! I'm sure there will be a "dirty" version in the next offering.

Charlie's Angels (2000) '69 Camaro SS Convertible - that movie was so bad that I'm not buying this car on principle

Smokey & The Bandit: '77 Firebird - I know a lot of us have been waiting for this one.

Dukes of Hazzard: '69 Charger, '72 Plymouth Road Runner & Daisy's Jeep CJ-5- great! I'm sick to death of the old Ertl castings. A Boss Hogg Caddy would of been nice too.

Gone in 60 Seconds: '73 Mustand Mach I- didn't buy the RC version. Will possibly buy the JL one. Maybe.

The Italian Job: '69 Yenko Nova- very excited for this one. I love black Yenkos.

The Punisher: '69 Pontiac GTO- sweet. That thing looks so mean in primer.

and Herbie the Love Bug- again?

·
Registered
290 Posts
PMS485 Is Correct

The Punisher GTO has been replaced with Herbie (so there will be two Herbies per 12-car set) and the Escalade is now a 2003 Nissan 350Z from The Fast and the Furious.

Why the changes? The license hasn't yet come through for The Punisher and the Escalade isn't in The Fast and the Furious movies! The 350Z is.

Mac

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Thanks for the updates. I also wanted to add that I'm stunned Christine wasn't included in this lineup. RC2 has the license and has the perfect 1:64 casting and, from what I understand, they're producing a 1:18 scale version of Christine. Why wouldn't the car be included in HOW6?

- JJ

G

·
midtown said:
Smokey & The Bandit: '77 Firebird - I know a lot of us have been waiting for this one.

Well, i was waiting for it, but I was hoping the card would have my car and name on it!!! :cry:

·
Registered
5,857 Posts
This is good news. I hope the quality stays true to the JL image, even if they use an RC body. I am also very happy for the continuation of the HOW series. (Only thing that would make me happier is when the Rebel Rods come back (starting at #20!)) :)

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Rob, was that really necessary? It's annoying as hell and borderline disturbing, a'la Jack Nicholson in The Shining. Can we stick to HOW? You can start your own Rebel Rods thread if you'd like.

- JJ

(thanks Rob)

·
Registered
999 Posts
Actually, I'm glad to see the HOW line continue, as I have all but the Walker pickup and the dirty Mini's. (Never could find the truck, although I saw about a million Shaguars from the same release!) I'd like to see some other cars rather than more Herbies, but there's always the next release. And Rob, I agree. Rebel Rods!!!!!

Mike

G

·
jage1966 said:
Rob, was that really necessary? It's annoying as hell and borderline disturbing, a'la Jack Nicholson in The Shining. Can we stick to HOW? You can start your own Rebel Rods thread if you'd like.

- JJ
I am quite unsure of what you could possibly be referring to..... ;)

·
Registered
999 Posts
Joe -

I've always meant to tell you how much I've enjoyed your site. I periodically change the cars I have on display in my office, but there is a permanent TV and Movie car section with 40 or 50 castings that usually get people looking and asking questions. I've used your site for ideas of cars to look for, and I appreciate the hard work that goes into maintaining it.

Mike

·
Banned
8,047 Posts
Wonderful, the Bandit is being done. I would think Trans Am will now appear on the car.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts