Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wasn't sure whether to post this in Sci Fi section or the model car section. Since it is from a possible future, I went with here.
I won this Peace Van at club meeting.

Since I have already built three of these I decided to modify this one. My kids were watching Planet 51 and there are a lot of hover cars in that movie. I figure that even in the future, people will still want pizza’s delivered.
I used some extra parts, decals and greeblies to make up a futurefied interior for the van. I also added a headset for the delivery guy.

The wheel wells were filled in and many rounds of sanding took place.

Thats it for today
Thanks for looking, let me know what you think
Els

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Started some work on the bottom. Some of the million wheels that I have in the parts bin and an orange juice lid are being used for part of the hover mechanisms on the bottom of the van just to busy it up a bit.

I was going to use some wood and a piece of clear acrylic rod for the base but then I saw a cheap margarita glass with this base at Wally world.

The vents at the back were going to make it hard to decal so I ground them off. Yeah, more sanding....

·
Curmudgeon
6,614 Posts
...My kids were watching Planet 51 and there are a lot of hover cars in that movie...
I wish that movie had been such a huge success that someone would have produced decent-sized model kits of those cars; particularly Glar's Van (the one that looked like a VW), but I liked the others as well. I know about the diecast and Burger King toys, but they're tiny.

Since that isn't going to happen, I like the approach you're taking with this kit and the results you've achieved so far, and I look forward to seeing your continued progress on this project. I have a few of these kits in my stash, so I might just steal your idea and try my hand at this type of conversion/kitbash one of these days. :D

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Zombie 61, you are right about the vehicles in the movie. There were a lot of cool designs. I would like to have some models of a few of them. It would also be a good thing to get kids into building.

Lloyd, I can remember as a kid in the late 60's-early 70's, on several occasions me and my friends would sit around and talk about the future. From time to time flying cars would come up and our consensus was that everyone would have them by 2010. That seemed like such a long time away that it could easily be possible. How time flies...

I have started thinking about the graphics for the van. Some pictures were found on the net and modified and others were made by me for my hypothetical pizza company. I went with Banzai Pizza. I like the Asian influence in the movie Blade Runner, so I thought this would be cool.

The pictures were printed up on a piece of paper so that I could check the fit before printing the decals.

I am not sure if this is what I am going to go with but it is a start. I am going to paint the van red and white and I am not sure how these decals will look with that scheme.
Thanks for looking.
Els

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well it’s as done as it is going to get. I wish the decals would have turned out a bit better but, overall, I am happy with it.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks everybody. It was a fun project. Now I have to get back to my Revell F-4 kits that are a PITA.
I thought I would post a couple pictures of my other Peace Vans
Here is my LOST van and VF-101 Grim Reapers van.

And the trio

Els

1 - 20 of 31 Posts