Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,413 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Stopped After work at WM and the local scalper was going through a case of hotwheels with the toy employee helping him. i asked if there were any Batmobiles and he said yes and that they and the T-hunt were his. i get angered every time i go to the stores anymore because us that are honest collectors don't have a chance to get the good ones.

·
Registered
232 Posts
streaker said:
Stopped After work at WM and the local scalper was going through a case of hotwheels with the toy employee helping him. i asked if there were any Batmobiles and he said yes and that they and the T-hunt were his. i get angered every time i go to the stores anymore because us that are honest collectors don't have a chance to get the good ones.
typical....

·
Registered
632 Posts
I don't know??? Is it just my thinking or did Ebay kill this whole collecting thing?? I don't mean just diecast either ---- every little thing that gets hot or looks as it may get hot --- the scalpers put the screws to all the little guys that like to collect for the fun or the hobby ---- they grab every damm thing they hear is wanted and run right to the Bay and well the rest is history ----- i collect cycles and i had to make a trade on this board just to be able to get a few of the Wastlanders, because my neck of the woods get cleaned out of every darn thing that is new.I can see buying 2 or 3 but some of these clowns buy 20 and 30 of the same cars and us poor saps that have to get up and go to work everyday can't find nothing because you have the runners at opening time hit every damm store in a 100 mile radius or they have buddy's working the whole state to clean every thing out!!! Well i hope those damm batmobiles are so plentyfull that every little store in the country ends up having 50 hanging on the pegs with 3 inches of dust!!!! I am sure this whole thing has been touched on many times but it's really starting to get to me now!!! I collect Pez dispencers too and have no hard time at all getting the new released stuff ---- What is it with diecast anyway??? Well enough venting for now!!!

·
Registered
793 Posts
I feel ya guys.
In my area there was a guy that would hit every Wal-mart,Target,Kmart,etc within a 100 mile radius of me and leave nothing. He would even post pics about it showing 15-20 of each casting and since he was big into the RAOK thing everybody on that board(HWC.co) had no problem with him buying up so much. I remember when the Super Chromes and Flying Coustoms came out I wanted that S cool Bus so bad but the pegs were clean. Then I get online and this guys got a pic showing 15 of them. :rolleyes:

Rodger when I found those wastelanders they were in a fresh BOD.There was 15+ in it and i bought 4. This was at Wal-mart at 11pm and they stock the toys at 1am so they had been there the whole day. :confused:
The next day they were all gone. By the way Kroger tonight had some new Easter Pez dispencers out. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,219 Posts
I actually felt quite good one day by beating one of the many scalpers to my local Wal-Mart over the Mystery cars. A couple of weeks before, this guy took 12 or so of those and on his way out, he thanked one of the employee's working in the Toys section. The employee responded by saying no problem and his name! DOH! I was mad that day. But as I said, a couple of weeks later, I obtained retribution on this loser by beating him to the punch and grabbing all of the Mystery Cars before he got there! I actually was just getting them all to see which one's that I wanted, but as I was looking and going through them, he walked up! So, I took all the cars in my hand and went on shopping for other things that I needed in the store. I stayed near the toys in the pharmacy to occasionally look out for him. I saw him leave with just a couple of cars. I later returned to see him long gone, and put half, if not most of them back on the shelf for the rest of us. Turns out that I got two of the Bonnerville's that day along with an already open C6. A small victory, but none the less, a significant step in re-taking the hill.

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
Sounds like typical scalper b.s.

I just hope the batmobile turns out to be somewhat common on the pegs,once the fuss dies down a little.

·
Registered
538 Posts
97XR7 said:
I feel ya guys.
In my area there was a guy that would hit every Wal-mart,Target,Kmart,etc within a 100 mile radius of me and leave nothing. He would even post pics about it showing 15-20 of each casting and since he was big into the RAOK thing everybody on that board(HWC.co) had no problem with him buying up so much. I remember when the Super Chromes and Flying Coustoms came out I wanted that S cool Bus so bad but the pegs were clean. Then I get online and this guys got a pic showing 15 of them. :rolleyes:

Rodger when I found those wastelanders they were in a fresh BOD.There was 15+ in it and i bought 4. This was at Wal-mart at 11pm and they stock the toys at 1am so they had been there the whole day. :confused:
The next day they were all gone. By the way Kroger tonight had some new Easter Pez dispencers out. :thumbsup:
Is his name Carl?
LOL

Or maybe he was Toady?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts