Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found this at a local store today that sells Amazon & Target returns. My guess is it came from target.
Does anyone have any idea about the value of this. Is it even collectable? I'm cant find anythig about it or any other store displays anywhere online. Anyone have any info? Thank you.

·
Super Moderator
24,575 Posts
welcome to the boards cpt calamari4life

What you have there is what looks like a new scanner track device for the hot wheels id series and possible an id car itself. does it have the id chip in the base? i havent or dont remember the scanner having a track piece like your images show - so it may just be for display

retail value is $35.00 for the device if it functions and $7.00 for the car.

now the display and screen are another story!!! I didnt (havent) seen one of those out anywhere before. I am guessing that it didnt come with any packaging or boxes - which would make it even better piece to have.

if it where mine I would hold on to it until the id series either continues on for a few years or tanks out then try to sell it.

but if you want or need to sell it now I will send you a pm to figure shipping and total cost and let you know if i am interested in finalizing a deal!

?

·
Registered
469 Posts
Our Targets here all have those displays, usually at the end of an aisle three or four aisles down from the Diecast aisle.
They are almost always demolished too, collectors comb through looking for the BTTF Time Machine or the Scooby Doo Mystery Machine and leave the rest of the cars in a tangled mess. Routinely see the boxes laying on the orange track part of the display.

·
Premium Member
8,539 Posts
Are targets had this display up before Christmas and now they don't have them anymore. So that is what that display is from.

·
Registered
5,585 Posts
Are targets had this display up before Christmas and now they don't have them anymore. So that is what that display is from.
Samace is correct about it being from Target.
As a rule Target doesn't let people take the displays. Trust me I 've tried many times and I have a friend that is a manager.
Pretty neat you have that.
Promo items are always a nice thing to have in a collection.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thank you all for the info. I dont know what I want to do with it. I am a collector , but not a die hard one. It doesn't take up that much space so I can make room to hold onto it. The problem with it is that it would be incredibly expensive to ship. It is crazy heavy. Im in East Tennessee if anyone in this area has any interest.

·
Super Moderator
24,575 Posts
If you are going to hold on to it - check and see if the power source is removable for long term none use/storage. ?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
There are two batteries on it. One is hooked up. One says. "Spare battery use this battery to replace when needed". It doesn't appear to have ever been used. Neither do actually. I think the unit is too clean to have ever been on a retail floor. The batteries are easily disconnected. Does anyone know if this means they will retain juice long term?

·
Super Moderator
24,575 Posts
Interesting that on eBay those same type battery packs as selling as NOS for an average of $40.00 shipped. They were also made in 2010 for Mattel and never used before but tested to still work.

Now recharging them may be a harder task to undertake!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts