Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
2,657 Posts
I am sure that there is alot of CHeap hotel rooms near by ,Could save alot of money if you get a pit room and then sleep next door .....Maybe one of the locals could post room rates of near by hotels ...SRM

·
Registered
2,992 Posts
There are a few hotels next door that many racers go to that are nice. We hope the race hotel is better this year as they are undergoing a multi-million dollar renovation that should be done by 2006. Prices in Orlando are going up, however, and I am afraid the 39 dollar rooms at the Quality Inn next door are in the past. Maybe not though might be worth a shot. Tourism must be up, because we have had a few races in Orlando this summer where it was impossible to even find a room sometimes.

We might rent the staff rooms for $5 an hour as that could be the best deal on the planet!! 3 hours sleep and do it all over again!!

·
Registered
659 Posts
Staying right at the race hotel wasnt to bad. I already got my room reserved rate was $45.00 a night. for a double bed room. Check into early. Might get good deal on the rate.

·
Registered
139 Posts
MikeNum8 said:
Staying right at the race hotel wasnt to bad. I already got my room reserved rate was $45.00 a night. for a double bed room. Check into early. Might get good deal on the rate.
Mike....

I am staying at the same hotel (Orlando Int'l Resort & Conference Center)
as the race also, made my reservations last week. But they quoted me 63.00. Now when you say double bed room, you mean two beds? I also have a room with 2 beds, I am about to call and see whats up.

Thanks

·
Registered
257 Posts
I didn't mind staying at the track, then again I had a room in the tower. It was a very nice room, especially compared to the ones downstairs. I guess its the price you pay to be closer to what your there for. :D

·
Registered
659 Posts
I booked mine back in i believe May. When ever the Dates was released for when the Birds would be. I call direct to the 800 number. Told them the dates i wanted the room and gave her the CC number. She told me the rate was 45.00 a night for a room with 2 queen beds. Early bird gets the worm. I got my room from Mon to Mon. I'll stay in Daytona for the fri thru Mon of the weekend prior. Lots of friends and family and parting to do there. LOL

·
Registered
125 Posts
How far is the race hotel from Disney? If I come down, I'll probably stay with relatives just outside the Disney gates.

·
Registered
2,992 Posts
Just a few miles (maybe 5 or so)... real close.

I do want to pass along a little news on the hotel before I post more on the race site. They were bought last month by a big company and have already started renovations. There is a sports bar going in the back that might be open by race time... but it's good news at least.

·
Registered
8,541 Posts
ahhhhh renovating.....i love the sound of a jack hammer in the morning! ahahahahah

·
Registered
8,541 Posts
hey rocket dont accuse me of having a wife! have you seen me? lol you are a savage!

·
Registered
166 Posts
boatanchor48 said:
im staying at the Quality Inn after the shafting i got last year ill never stay their again. word to the wide: reservations mean NOTHING!!!
i hope you meant word to the wise lol. If you got booted because of your size that would be illegal. lol.

·
Registered
2,992 Posts
I understand exactly boatanchor! We stopped by the hotel today and have some great news. The hotel was bought 3 weeks ago and has new owners. They have already started putting in all new beds, new AC, new paint and exterior, etc, and working on a sports bar and grill by the track. I was shocked the progress made in such a short time. They had a big crew today doing work also. Things should be a lot better now. They expect all 400 rooms to be open by our race - last year they only had 225 and with a little budget they couldn't do much with improvements. I will have the new pics of the place on the site maybe tomorrow. I am very excited and pleased!!

Plus right next door is a new Dunkin Donuts and Baskin Robbins - woohooo!!!!

·
Registered
297 Posts
boatanchor48 said:
im staying at the Quality Inn after the shafting i got last year ill never stay their again. word to the wide: reservations mean NOTHING!!!
thats what happenes when your fingers move faster than the brain

1 - 20 of 31 Posts