Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What vehicles would you like to see made into a Hot Wheel? Perhaps something they've never done before...

Off the top of my head (and I know it's a long shot!) I'd take an early to mid 70's Pontiac Ventura...I've always liked that car and wouldn't mind seeing one get the treatment.

Just some fun and friendly conversation...hope I posted this correctly!

·
Registered
739 Posts
If Mattel can do the 1972 Gran Torino Sport, then they can do the 1972 Mercury Montego GT. An even more rarer car. I'm probably a little biased though considering I own one!:wave:

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wow now that's a name I haven't heard in awhile! I'm sure as an owner that would be a great find for you!

Aside from cars--I'm a sport bike guy. I have a GSX-R 750 and can't for the life of me figure out why Mattel won't get a little more sport bike friendly--they released that Ducati and people seem to like it. It's not that great of a casting by any means but it's cool in it's own right.

I'd love a 5 pack of race bikes--they could do GSX-R, CBR, R1, ZX and throw the Ducati back in with a new color.

I guess it's a matter of rights to the manufacturer name? I know HW had larger scale bikes before and they're very cool...they have Harley on board and some of the Speed Cycles are clones. One of which is CLEARLY a Hayabusa--but no tampo of any kind.

Oh well...one day :)

·
Registered
14,324 Posts
Off the top of my head, I'd say...

1962 Lotus Elan
1971 DeTomaso Pantera ... The La Fasta is clearly modeled after it, but it's still a "La Fasta")
1988-1991 BMW M3
Any year Bentley Arnage

Though truthfully, I'd rather see Matchbox make these, unless Hot Wheels could lay off the crazy proportions for a minute and do them right.

·
Geico ad . . . Offensive?
6,709 Posts
'75-'79 Cordoba
'75-'76 Charger
'78-'79 Magnum
'77 Charger Sport
'77 Fury

Any of those, none ever done in diecast (aside from an off-brand Maggie and a Hot Wheel Scorcher Maggie)

·
Registered
4,561 Posts
Off the top of my head, I'd say...

1962 Lotus Elan
1971 DeTomaso Pantera ... The La Fasta is clearly modeled after it, but it's still a "La Fasta")
1988-1991 BMW M3
Any year Bentley Arnage

Though truthfully, I'd rather see Matchbox make these, unless Hot Wheels could lay off the crazy proportions for a minute and do them right.
Well, Mr FF, there is that:

http://matchbox.wikia.com/wiki/De_Tomaso_Pantera

:thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,712 Posts
'04 BMW M3 CSL
'94 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX
Pagani Zonda
'12 Jaguar XKR-S
Aston Martin DB5
'74 Pontiac GTO
'07 Pontiac Solstice GXP
'97 Mazda RX7
'96 Dodge Stealth RT Twin Turbo
Jaguar E-Type convertible
Citroen GT Concept car
'94 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP
'92 GMC Syclone
'07 Jeep Wrangler
'86 Dodge Omni GLHS
'87 Shelby Dodge Daytona
'06 Pontiac GTO
'97 Subaru Impreza WRX STi 22B
'61 Corvette Mako Shark Concept
'65 Corvette Mako Shark Concept
Ford Mustang Mach III Concept
Ariel Atom

·
Premium Member
911 Posts
Aussie Valiant Charger R/T E49
Retool the Omni 024 as a Shelby Charger
69 Plymouth Fury 2 door
WW2 Dodge M-37
71 Roadrunner Superbird

·
Registered
13,598 Posts
71 Roadrunner Superbird...
"71"? Unless I've been misled all these years, the only SuperBird was a 1970 model, unless you count the 1:25 model produced by MPC back in 1971 and reissued a couple of times since. The 1971 "Fuselage"-body Road Runner looks pretty good with the SuperBird nose cap and wing!

Here are my picks for future diecasts, be they HW, MB, or some other brand. Please bear in mind before you flame any of my picks for alreday having been done that I'm no authority on Hot Wheels products:
1960-64 Corvair (I know that Johnny Lightning already has a nice one n both a coupe ad a convertible - wagon, anyone?)
1965-69 Corvair (with non-goofy proportions and a proper flat-6 in back, not a V-8 in the back seat!)
1992 and up Camaro/Firebird
1973-77 Chevelle Laguna
1973-77 Chevelle wagon
(I once owned a '73 Laguna wagon, so if they combine the last two, I wouldn't object!)
1973-77 El Camino
1973-77 Monte Carlo
1970 Torino Sportsroof
1971-74 Dodge Charger
Chevy 454SS pickup
1986-87 Monte Carlo SS Aerocoupe
1951 Chevy Aerosedan

And I'll second some of the suggestions that have already been made:
1975-6 Pacer
1969-72 Grand Prix
Bentley Arnage
1972 Montego GT Sportsroof (I very nearly bought one about 30 years ago - the ONLY Ford I've ever come anywhere close to buying!)

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
It was said by Corvair Jim 73-77 Monte Carlo, I gotta second this.

I think one of those years would be really great, just done right. I wouldn't want any wacky tampos or anything--just a straight mid 70's Monte Carlo.

They always release that 70 MC...I'm kinda over that one.

Now here is one I HIGHLY doubt will be made, and please if one has already been done, let me know because I'd love to have it!--1977 Pontiac Can-Am!

1 - 20 of 32 Posts