Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hot Wheels vs Johnny Lightning Fastest to the Finish 50/50 challenge downhill racing

We are going to have this Fastest to the Finish downhill race in middle to late November,to determine once and for all who has the fastest diecast vehicle Hot Wheels or Johnny Lightning,check out the youtube video attached for details,it is free admission ,and we are doing this for no profit, just for the love of downhill gravity racing,we hope you all enjoy.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Rob,
Thanks for your Email,we are very aware of other club races in fact alot of our vehicles that were chosen, have been in other club races, and were chosen from from these races,such as Gregs Camaro,Cat in the Hat GTO,Monopoly Truck,Boogie vans one of each Chevy,Dodge,Ford,I will have all of these posted on November 8th,I think you will be very impressed with all the challengers,we spared no expense,after viewing all the challengers, if you feel we are missing anything,that is what the public participation is all about,we are allowing 20 vehicles from both sides to enter,to try and beat the winner of the 50/50 challenge fastest time when the 50/50 challenge is over.

We will be allowing any vehicle in this race,funny Cars,redlines,vans,trucks,buses.I will tell you after 50ft on this track everything equals out, JL Lightning Speed vehicles with racers edge tires,and HW vehicles with FTE's,can give all of these heavier legends a run for there money,I would wait too see what the 100 challengers are from both sides first,before sending in your entrant.Thanks Rick

Here is the link below
http://smalldiecastcorvettes.com/manufac/Fastest_to_the_Finish.html

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The Fastest to the Finish 50/50 challenge is all about finding out who has the fastest diecast vehicle period HOT WHEELS OR JOHNNY LIGHTNING,once we find this out, all of the results will be posted under the 50/50 icon ,with all of the times in numerical order,I will still put next to each vehicle fastest truck in the challenge,fastest funny car,fastest van or bus,fastest car etc,but there will be one of them crowned THE FASTEST TO THE FINISH OVERALL CHAMPION with the fastest time of all of the vehicles,Thanks Rick

·
Premium Member
7,464 Posts
You should include some Tiger Wheels in there, last two years a Tiger wheels has one the Gravity Racing at Autofest.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
We have the confirmation for the Fastest to the Finish 50/50 Challenge,it will be on November 22nd,races will start at 10am and will go until 5pm possibly later ,it will be at

Chapman University
One University Drive
Orange, CA 92866

We will have full access too 2 full sized tennis courts,there is bleachers for seating,we will have some tables set up with some snacks and drinks.The tennis courts are right next to the football field.

ps keep an eye on the message boards as the race date nears,as weather would be the only thing that would prevent this from happening,rain or major santa ana winds.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hot Wheels vs Johnny Lightning Fastest to the Finish 100 Challengers

The 100 Johnny Lightning challengers for the Fastest to the Finish 50/50 challenge have been posted,link below

The qualifier and elimination races will take place this week,the 50 slowest times will be eliminated.

We will have the 50 slowest non qualifiers times posted on the link below by November 15th

http://smalldiecastcorvettes.com/car/268_fastest_jl.html

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
We have just completed our time trial qualifying heat,and have posted the 50 qualifiers and the 50 non qualifiers including there non qualifying times,we will have the Head to Head matchups posted by November 15th,for the November 22nd 50/50 Challenge event.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
THE HOT WHEELS VS JOHNNY LIGHTNING FASTEST TO THE FINISH 50/50 CHALLENGE IS SET TO TAKE PLACE ON NOVEMBER 22ND,THE 50 HEAD TO HEAD CHALLENGES ARE POSTED ON LINK BELOW,IT IS GOING TO BE A LOT OF FUN ,HOPEFULLY SOME OF YOU CAN MAKE IT.FOR ALL OF YOU WHO CANNOT MAKE IT,I WILL HAVE THE RESULTS POSTED BY NOVEMBER 29TH,THANKS

http://smalldiecastcorvettes.com/car/269_fifty_fifty.html

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
Hot Wheels always had the fastest cars when I was little, but JL wasn't around then. I'll be surprised if JL wins over HW, but that's what it's all about.

Good luck and good race.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
From the non qualifier times JL had the fastest time with a 7.01,I do not know the top 50 times, but I have a feeling it is going to be really close,I am curious if we are going to have a 5 second vehicle,even 5.99999 would be a 5 second vehicle,can't wait.:wave:

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hot Wheels vs Johnny Lightning Fastest to the Finish 50/50 Challenge this Sunday 10am

Just a reminder the challenge is set to take place this Sunday November 22nd at 10AM details on link below.

http://smalldiecastcorvettes.com/car/269_fifty_fifty.html

We are not expecting a large showing,if you plan on showing could you email me at [email protected],we want to make sure we have enough seating and refreshments,Thanks Rick

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
URGENT NOTICE The Hot Wheels vs Johnny Lightning Challenge venue site has bee changed

The Hot Wheels vs Johnny Lightning Fastest to the Finish 50/50 Challenge venue site has been changed due to circumstances beyond my control.

The new location is

6749 East Waterton Ave
Orange,Ca 92867

Sunday November 22nd
same start time 10am

The new location is only 15 minutes from the previous venue site.
If you could be kind enough to notify anyone that you know that was coming of the new venue change it would be appreciated.

Link below has new info
http://smalldiecastc...ifty_fifty.html

SORRY FOR THE LATE NOTICE AND FOR ANY INCONVENIENCE THIS MAY HAVE CAUSED YOU.
RICK EDWARDS

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
URGENT NOTICE The Hot Wheels vs Johnny Lightning Challenge Venue site has bee changed

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Hot Wheels vs Johnny Lightning Fastest to the Finish 50/50 Challenge venue site has been changed due to circumstances beyond my control.

The new location is

6749 East Waterton Ave
Orange,Ca 92867

Sunday November 22nd
same start time 10am

The new location is only 15 minutes from the previous venue site.
If you could be kind enough to notify anyone that you know that was coming of the new venue change it would be appreciated.

Link below has new info
http://smalldiecastc...ifty_fifty.html

SORRY FOR THE LATE NOTICE AND FOR ANY INCONVENIENCE THIS MAY HAVE CAUSED YOU.
RICK EDWARDS

1 - 16 of 16 Posts