Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I sent for the HW TRU Dairy Delivery special. It took 20 cards with certain numbers on the cards. I double checked and then checked again my amount of proper cards and dated receipts.
I just got a letter from HW saying the original receipt was not included or didn't contain the required info. The kicker is they kept all of my cards and receipts so I can't prove or disprove their claim. I put the S&H check and receipts in a envelope and I got my check back. I checked dates and amounts several times. So I get stuck with 20 worthless mainlines and no Dairy Delivery

·
Registered
140 Posts
I know how you feel! Sent mine off for the 55 Panel earlier this year. Only to get a leter saying I was late. The post mark was before the cut off! Not only did they keep the cards,receipts,they kept my money! Payed with credit card and it was never put back on the card.

·
Registered
5,478 Posts
Hate to say this but ::: When you get screwed by Mattel once it's shame on them :::: but when you get screwed twice it's shame on you for going back :::: I myself got screwed by Mattel a few times with the Bonus Cars that they did back in the mid 90s that you had to send away for. $4 for the Cars & $1.50 for shipping and never getting the Cars. It adds up when you put money in their pocket. :eek:

·
Registered
140 Posts
Hate to say this but ::: When you get screwed by Mattel once it's shame on them :::: but when you get screwed twice it's shame on you for going back :::: I myself got screwed by Mattel a few times with the Bonus Cars that they did back in the mid 90s that you had to send away for. $4 for the Cars & $1.50 for shipping and never getting the Cars. It adds up when you put money in their pocket. :eek:

This is exactly why I won't renew my RLC membership next year!

·
Registered
14,324 Posts
Having to buy twenty special mainlines, send in the cards and reciept - plus more money. Only to risk a hiccup and get no bonus car. Too many games and hoops to jump through for one car... These are the reasons why if I want a car bad enough, I'll just get online and buy the cotton pickin' thing with cash.

·
Registered
6,164 Posts
i always send atleast 24 card backs put them in a manila envelope with a DC.if i do not get an email conformation when i see they have it i get on the phone and call.you have to make sure you stay on them or they will screw you.never just send 20 cards.

·
Registered
176 Posts
I ain't not been screwed BUT I did check an' U kin buy the 'special cars on the bay for about the same amount of 20 cards, s&h AND the waiting.
But U kin git screwed there too, I rekon.

·
Registered
207 Posts
That's odd. When I forgot to include my receipt, they gave me time to send in the missing item. When I included a few cards which were supposedly 'ineligible', they again gave me time to send in the cards. BTW - the cards that I had sent (which I always include extras as well) were all eligible. Not sure what happened there.

I guess if it were me, I'd look around for the receipt - just in case. Otherwise, call them with your info and call them on it. Ask them if the package was ripped upon receiving it, and tell them that it was definitely included. See where it goes from there. Maybe it stuck to the package/envelope.

Good luck.

·
Registered
3,787 Posts
They sent me a letter saying that 3 of my cards were inelegible. I called customer service to inquire. The noce lady on the phone told me not to panic, they had all my info and had credited me with 17 cards and my payment, all I had to do was mail them 3 cards and attach my order number. I had the DD a week later in my mailbox.

You could always go get 20 more cars and be sure to get a gift receipt so you can take them back and send the real receipt to Mattel. Unless the promo is over, then you're screwed.

·
Registered
1,842 Posts
i always send atleast 24 card backs put them in a manila envelope with a DC.if i do not get an email conformation when i see they have it i get on the phone and call.you have to make sure you stay on them or they will screw you.never just send 20 cards.
exactly what i do as well...with any mail in...even like for the tabs for monster gear type things....i got burned once...ONCE...never again tho

sorry about your rotten luck amx:(

·
Premium Member
9,011 Posts
I'm sorry to here about that.:(

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
I ain't not been screwed BUT I did check an' U kin buy the 'special cars on the bay for about the same amount of 20 cards, s&h AND the waiting.
But U kin git screwed there too, I rekon.
dude what did you type? is this some new type of slang im unaware of? :freak:

anyways, i would be calling them and ask why you didn't get the others back. and for future reference i would take a photocopy of the receipts before sending so you have proof...cant believe they did that to you amx! they should fix it if their customer service is any good...seriously they can afford to send out one car for every 20....only costs them probably 3 cents each car.

·
Registered
5,746 Posts
Call Customer Service on Monday and explain to them the situation.
I've read about this happening from time to time and they usually are very good in helping you out.
As for going the E-bay route as someone suggested, you could get into a bidding war and pay well over what you normally would pay.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts