Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7,277 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was seeing posts about the Hot Wheels racing type paint schemes, and some people were collecting them... I had seen the blue, then black.. then white

Does this one count?...

...and does anyone remember how this one was issued?

I was thinking it was in a set or came with Protecto-paks or something?... why I ask is it is missing a collector number... it has the dark oval where they were putting the number, but it is just blank (left side of card)

·
Registered
8,588 Posts
Was seeing posts about the Hot Wheels racing type paint schemes, and some people were collecting them... I had seen the blue, then black.. then white

Does this one count?...

...and does anyone remember how this one was issued?

I was thinking it was in a set or came with Protecto-paks or something?... why I ask is it is missing a collector number... it has the dark oval where they were putting the number, but it is just blank (left side of card)

i would have to say no on this one.

·
Registered
5,742 Posts
It is not part of the Hot Wheels racing line up. If a car is part of the Hot Wheels racing line up it will normally have a number on the casting as well.
b_bodylover is correct. The Blue Book was something Hot Wheels did for a few years. They would have three cars, one of them an exclusive, and a small spiral book that showed that years cars.
I don't know how many years they did that, but I do recall seeing them at K-Bee around 2004 on sale from previous years.
There was a Batman one as well in 2004, and like the Blue Book exclusives the area where the collector number is located was blacked out as well.

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
Exclusive to what? I actually have that one from years ago that I picked up off the pegs. Think it was walmart but cant be sure. I bought it because at the time i had a durango. I saw it the other day with my little boys cars floating around somewhere.

·
Registered
5,742 Posts
Exclusive to what? I actually have that one from years ago that I picked up off the pegs. Think it was walmart but cant be sure. I bought it because at the time i had a durango. I saw it the other day with my little boys cars floating around somewhere.
It was called an exclusive because it didn't have a collector number on the card and had tampos that were different. You may have the 2001 FE or you might have the one pictured but that one did come from the Bluebook series. The 2001 FE casting has the Hot Wheels logo but is different than the one pictured.

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
My little one was playing with it yeaterday when i go home. Its that one alright. Says leading the way or something on the back. Didnt have a book or anything with it. Ill have to take a pic and compare but the tampo is the same and it is red so i guess its the same one. No card to check. It was liberated long ago

·
Registered
7,277 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
The main difference between the 1st edition and the exclusive is the color. The mainline is orange and the exclusive is red.
actually, they are completely different... found the 1st edition also...

not only is it orange, it says Fandango accross the side... the base is silver instead of black, interior is black instead of silver...and the grill is silver instead of smoked clear...

...also, this one could well have been found on the pegs.. even back then scalpers would try to snap up exclusives, then return them when they weren't selling... and the card back does have a UPC, so the stores don't care...

·
Registered
1,061 Posts

Does this one count?...
I say it would count as a HW Racing theme, but it is not part of the HW Racing subseries. I am only collecting the dark blue Hot Wheels racing myself :freak:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts