Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Fantastic sub-series, not a weak link in the lot. In my opinion, these ones are the best premium cars Hot Wheels has done all year. Forget random comics or cartoon characters on vans, the greatest "Nostalgia" series will always be vintage racers.

Close-ups:

CHAPARRAL CAMARO

'92 BMW M3

FORD GT-40

'78 PORSCHE 935/78

JAMES GARNER'S COPO CORVETTE

'76 GREENWOOD CORVETTE "Spirit of Sebring"

I noticed that these cars haven't hit eBay yet (at least not Saturday afternoon, when I last checked). Did Canada get these first, for a change?

·
Registered
6,164 Posts
i love it when mattel pulls this crap.if the big box store here in the us do not want them than let us buy the sets on there site.they do have a freaking store that sell cars:rolleyes:all this does is make the seconday market go up and they love helping that out on a regular basis:thumbsup:

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
They were cancelled for US sales and shipped to Canada and Brazil.
That's a tragedy, these are some of the greatest Hot Wheels I've ever seen with Real Riders on. That Greenwood Corvette is "this is a Hot Wheels?" quality.

I guess karma is compensating Canadians for not ever getting half of the Vintage Racing cars last year. And I still haven't seen the Offroad sub-series.

·
Registered
6,164 Posts
That's a tragedy, these are some of the greatest Hot Wheels I've ever seen with Real Riders on. That Greenwood Corvette is "this is a Hot Wheels?" quality.

I guess karma is compensating Canadians for not ever getting half of the Vintage Racing cars last year. And I still haven't seen the Offroad sub-series.
we did'nt get half the vintage raceing either !

·
FnF: Fords n Ferraris
7,829 Posts
i love it when mattel pulls this crap.if the big box store here in the us do not want them than let us buy the sets on there site.they do have a freaking store that sell cars:rolleyes:all this does is make the seconday market go up and they love helping that out on a regular basis:thumbsup:
The way I heard it the international markets wanted an exclusive. Pity it couldn't have been the Indy cars. Overall I was really disappointed by the Racing series this year. This latest set is the only one I was really looking forward to

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
Those are all drop-dead gorgeous, especially the GT40. I hope the Canadians on this great board will be able to grab every last one of them for those of us who will not be fortunate enough to see them in stores.

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Here are two more shots of the '76 Greenwood Corvette:

I can understand why the big box stores in the US aren't stocking these. I guess there isn't much peg space left because of all those DC Comics-branded series (the 2 Nostalgia series and the Color Shifters and the BATMAN cars and the larger BATMAN cars and those other weird DC cars where I'm not sure what they do).

I've actually only seen these HW Racing Road Racers only in Loblaws group supermarkets so far. (Loblaws, Real Canadian Superstore, Independent/Your Independent Grocers, Provigo, Maxi, etc...).

Let's say, I'm open for a few trades, but I don't have that much money for international postage so I really do mean only a few. (Most wanted: Hot Wheels 2011 Vintage Racing Datsun Bluebird 510, '67 Camaro, Sunoco Camaro, or basically any other car from Mixes 3, 6, & 7.) Also, they're like ~$6 each. (EDIT: I have enough trade requests for now. I won't take any more for the time being, sorry.)

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
I can understand why the big box stores in the US aren't stocking these. I guess there isn't much peg space left because of all those DC Comics-branded series.
I can only very rarely justify the purchase of a premium car these days, but I'd buy a vintage racer long before any of those DC Comics cars.

·
Registered
5,746 Posts
Does anyone remeber the Street Show series from a few years ago? Almost the same story.
The first mix and maybe the second made it to the pegs, but they didn't move. So the remaining mixes were sent to Canada. They had BODS full of the cars.
I agree that Mattel could have sold them through their shop, but they always seem a bit gun shy about doing that.

·
Premium Member
9,014 Posts
Nice Ones Congrats.:wave::thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,704 Posts
They did the same thing with the J Mix of Garage cars last year. The J Mix had the '70 Blazer, '70 Power Wagon, '72 Ranchero and the '59 Cadillac.

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
They did the same thing with the J Mix of Garage cars last year. The J Mix had the '70 Blazer, '70 Power Wagon, '72 Ranchero and the '59 Cadillac.
I did find the Ranchero though not any of those other three. The other J case cars I have (not for trade) are the '65 Impala, the '69 Chevy Pickup, the Ford Bronco, the '69 Camaro, the Mustang, and the Super Bee. I know the '59 Cadillac is the Holy Grail of 2011 Hot Wheels Garage cars, fetching up to $200 or more on eBay, but I can't say I ever saw it.

·
Registered
3,724 Posts
Great cars. Would love to get the 2 Corvettes from north of the border if someone could help me out. I dont mind paying the extra shipping charges on these 2 cars. If someone is willing shoot me a p.m. We should be able to work something out.

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
Okay, I've gotten all the trade requests by PM that I can realistically handle with my limited finances for October. Sorry, but if there are still these cars on the pegs in November, I'll take some more trade requests.

That'd be unless you have some of the childhood cars on my wishlist, like the P-911 in the specific colour scheme seen in the photo below, or the Mountain Dew, North American or Pepsi Hiway Haulers, or the Shell steering rig (I don't need carded, but I want them in near-pristine condition). Or a complete set of Golden Machines (at least the Golden Machines Hot Bird, which I don't currently have in any condition).

·
Registered
218 Posts
I wish I didn't see this thread. Now the 935, M3, GT40, and Greenwood are on my MUST HAVE list. Sigh...

Thanks for posting HQ pics!

1 - 20 of 35 Posts