Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
FnF: Fords n Ferraris
7,828 Posts
HW's are all too confusing on the different characteristics that people hunt after. I could see that collecting first editions of castings might be a worthwhile pursuit. My HW collecting is the same as Tex's though in that I only buy what I like. There are just some HW's that are too strange for my taste.

·
Registered
764 Posts
I only collect the cars and trucks I like. You won't see me spending a lot of time looking for the "special" ones.

·
Registered
896 Posts
These days, pretty much only regular issues/first editions that look interesting along with some of the Classics and Ultra Hots.. I've been into Hot Wheels since I was a kid in the early '70s, so I have a ton of them...

·
Premium Member
350 Posts
I have no first editions and only a minor number of hot wheels. Out of 4-5K I have vehicles representing pre-1970 makes and models, little or no tampo versions and of every brand available.

·
Registered
673 Posts
I collect the First Editions, with a few others that strike my interest. I'll get variations if I see them, but I won't go out of my way to hunt them down...after all, I still want to have fun and not get stressed about it.

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
I used to try and get all the f/e for each year since I started collecting. But since so many hot wheels are rediculous stupid looking made up cars, I have all but quit hot wheels. I only buy the ones I REALLY like now, and have begun selling off all the rest of them. I now concentrate on JLs, and recently picked up my first greenlights.

·
Registered
3,624 Posts
i used to collect every first edition, then any other one that I liked. Now, after 9+ Sterillite bins and 6 Jammer's cases later, I only buy what I think is cool...I only have maybe 6 2007 FE's

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hot Wheel Freak Since Childhood !

I haven't had my Hot Wheels collection out in awhile. It's sitting in tubs in my basement. Someday I will have the full collection on display. I am looking for those first editions as well. Have fun pulling your first's together, it's an addiction, man...but some of them are just to cool to pass up!

·
Registered
478 Posts
collecting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I only collect Treasure hunt,s and variation,s. Too many Fe,s and other junk to keep up with!!:thumbsup:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts