Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
754 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I hadn't seen these in stores locally, and finally broke down and sprung for them. They come in a 4-pack only; 3 different sets-- Mustangs, Camaros, and Mustang vs. Camaro Showdown.

The packaging carries a 2007 copyright so they've been out a while... I had to mail-order mine from overseas, which made getting them a little steep compared to picking them up at the local TRU / Wally-world, but being a stang-nut, I couldn't do without them. The pictures were too small from the vendor, but in many ways I was pleasantly pleased when I got them. Maybe sharing the pics here will help someone decide whether they're interested in hunting them down as well. I put the two Camaros I got with the two sets I bought in another post. The really interesting Camaros from this series come in the 4-pack, which I didn't buy... But I was and am tempted! Now if I can just traded them away to some Camaro-head...

·
Registered
7,277 Posts
I remember when these were on the pegs, at least the single packs... And that's pretty much where they stayed.
Think Hot Wheels was trying to directly compete with Jada's Big Time Muscle series, but both of these were that weird 1/50th scale that most collectors shy-ed away from

·
Registered
2,617 Posts
Hi All,

These were supposed to be released at TRU from what I remember. However, TRU decided not to take them, so Mattel sold them to a distributor overseas (Europe). I had to buy the two sets with the Mustangs from a seller in England. They are very nice. Now I only need to find one G-Machine '70 Mustang to have all of them .....

If anyone has this one and will part with it, please let me know. Thanks.

Scott

·
Registered
7,277 Posts
here's a direct comparison shot of a Jada (Mustang) and what I thought was one of the g-machines... but it says Foose on it...(?)...
Were the Foose bigger scale cars from Mattel or was that an off-shoot of Johnny Lightning?

(The good thing about these bigger scale cars is they are the right size for the little Homie figures!)

·
Registered
5,478 Posts
I have a few of the G Machines but always thought to myself, what a weird scale size as they are much larger than a Jada or a Foose. Close to 1/43 than 1/50

·
Registered
49 Posts
thay had them for awhyle at auto zone and oryles(sp) i have the 70 gto and thay also did a hot import nights set to that is a neon scion xb a nissan silva 240 sx a ae 86 and a vw r32 golf

1 - 10 of 10 Posts