Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
451 Posts
Real cars in the double loop...awesome! I grew up racing dirt bikes with Greg Tracy...didn't even know he was doing this kind of stuff now, pretty cool.

·
Registered
5,857 Posts
Liked the use of the black lines for the drivers to focus on so they didn't get lost in all of the "orange" were the paths joined. Also noticed how slow they went around the loop. I think the required speed to make the loop was pretty low; like only 30 or 40 mph, if that. You can hear the rev limiter as they start the loop. They obviously set the rev limiter to the correct speed and just hand them floor it so that was one less thing they had to worry about.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Liked the use of the black lines for the drivers to focus on so they didn't get lost in all of the "orange" were the paths joined. Also noticed how slow they went around the loop. I think the required speed to make the loop was pretty low; like only 30 or 40 mph, if that. You can hear the rev limiter as they start the loop. They obviously set the rev limiter to the correct speed and just hand them floor it so that was one less thing they had to worry about.
while i was watching it on tv they stated there speed had to be between 48-52 mph

·
Premium Member
1,710 Posts
You have to love Tanner Faust. IMHO he's probably second only to Sebastian Loeb in car control amongst all professional drivers in any series.

If you've never seen it, go to youtube or hulu and find the episode of Supercars where he slides the new 911 GT2 RS around downtown LA at night.............it is unreal.

·
Registered
5,857 Posts
You have to love Tanner Faust. IMHO he's probably second only to Sebastian Loeb in car control amongst all professional drivers in any series.
That's an interesting notion. I like Tanner a lot, but I would have thought that if he was that good he would be in WRC series, which desperately needs a top performing American driver.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
That's an interesting notion. I like Tanner a lot, but I would have thought that if he was that good he would be in WRC series, which desperately needs a top performing American driver.
Ken Block isn't doing all that bad in the WRC events he has been running but i agree & would like to see more american drivers in the series

1 - 12 of 12 Posts