Hobbyist Forums banner

Hot wheels data base

1K views 5 replies 2 participants last post by  Milton Fox Racing 
#1 ·
Hi all from a new guy.
I was collecting H/W’s for approximately 14 or 15 years and have accumulated just over 10,000 of them when I stopped. I stopped when ( not wanting to step on toes or upset anyone ) south Texas die cast was in the transition to HobbyDB.
I’ve spent hours and hours in search of a similar data base for tracking the haves and the needs.
Again, not wanting to upset or insult the founding folks of this huge site, any suggestions of direction would be appreciated……. ( yes, I have been told which direction is hell )

thanks

#2 ·
Welcome to the boards @cdnfurball

I have yet to find a complete or updated database. And each and everyone one of them is mostly dependent on a crowd sourcing type of data entry and updating. And many others are really sites set up to sell diecast either upfront or in the back ground. Most of them have failed to thrive over time or were too focused on individual castings or eras of production.

STDC is still accessible and the original owner is (was) making updates again.

Although still incomplete, I primarily use Fandom currently because it doesnt have the sales board. And it also has a group of members who monitor the accuracy of updates and changes made to the site.

Each of them - including HobbyTalk has its limitations and each also has its positive attributes.

One of the areas not adequately addressed anywhere (in my opinion) are card hangers and other packaging information. If you do have carded examples in your collection - I would encourage you to share them with us here at HobbyTalk to help preserve as much of that history - that is still available from within the collection community.

We also appreciate seeing loose cars as well!

#3 ·
Thank you very much,
l use to keep track using Windows XP and an olde Palm Tungsten C ( mobile tracker for the swap meets ) But with changes and updates in the more modern world, that’s not working out so well. when I find a format that will work for a remedial computer type guy and start logging again, l will send in what I can.

thanks again
stay safe and drink up !

#6 ·
It does take a lot of time but rather than just set and watch baseball (in the past) or a race - I just listen to them in the back ground and edit photos or update the data base.

I dont think I could just sat down today and start from the beginning but having kept up with it over the last 7 years now I was able to sorta keep up!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.