Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,598 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ran over to WM today but saw nothing I really wanted. So I start to walk away from the toy section and noticed this display with about ten HW's on it, and an WM employee working next to it. So I ask her If I could buy the carboard display but not the cars and she said "Just take the cars off and put them on that shelf and you can have it, tell the cashier Sarah in toys said it was ok." Pretty nice of her.

Now Im gonna have to buy a bunch to fill it :freak:

·
Registered
99 Posts
Very nice! Although I don't think I've ever seen those type of cardboard displays at WM; mostly just at CVS, Walgreens, and a couple of the grocery chains around here. It's a pain in the butt to rifle through them looking for certain cars, haha.

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
It is a standard sidekick display.. some stores have a strict "Destroy all cardboard with company logos on it" policy and say they have to be destroyed.

·
Registered
5,478 Posts
Very nice of her to give it to ya..... Congrats :thumbsup:

You can always hit up your local Grocery Stores when they get them in and claim the display stand(s) before someone else does it or before it gets tossed to the recycler bin. I used to get them, but they end up take up way to much space in a room. I am sticking with the Wall Display Cases as I open all my cars anyway.

Again -> Congrats

·
Registered
5,785 Posts
It also depends on who you ask. Timing is everything.
I've been able to get a few from Wal-Mart but on some occasions at the same store I've been turned down.
I've been able to get several others from grocery stores, like my Hot Ones and the Nostalga shipper.

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
I got one in my study I use to hold my Camaros.Lady in the toy section of my local Wal-mart was more than happy to let me have it.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
5,785 Posts
It is a standard sidekick display.. some stores have a strict "Destroy all cardboard with company logos on it" policy and say they have to be destroyed.
Target follows this rule without exception.
There was a Hot Wheels logo up recently and I asked a friend of mine who works there, if I could have it when they are finished and he said that he would love to but anything that has a logo like slythorne mentioned, gets trashed no exceptions.

·
Registered
1,883 Posts
My father worked at Target for a while to wind down a little before retiring and he said the same thing. All display stuff was destroyed, no exceptions. Even perfectly good working display models of things went in the garbage. :(

1 - 9 of 9 Posts