Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10,381 Posts
Rip-off artiest for shame!

Talk about Rip-off!!!.....and mind you this happen a lot at Walmart here at Corlandt Manor NY. I got So blown off that I had to stop a Manager of that store and show him 22 M2s with either a Hot Wheel or a MBX car glued to the base?!?!.....Also on line waiting to payment for my items last December just two-weeks before X-mas....A couple, in front of me almost brought 10 of these M2s with the wrong cars in them. The cashier call for a manager because she thought I was starting a problem, manager came and I show them the differents between a M2 and a Hot Wheel car. The couple couldn't thanks me enough for helping them and the manager and the cashier were red faced.....For us its easyer to spot them but for regular customers would be a shame when they get to their house and find out that they just got rip-off...:(

·
Registered
3,552 Posts
Love the "damaged package" line.

I took a couple JNL up to a Toys R Us counter and showed the guy where they had been opened and replaced with Hot Wheels (old Gold Series, easy open).
Came back a couple days later, they were back out on the shelf.

·
Registered
4,260 Posts
Since the seller had a 100% feedback I took a chance and wrote her to tell her about the switch. She thanked me and pulled the auction. Said she had bought it at TJMaxx and thought it looked a little strange but didn't know enough about it to catch what it was. She offered to pull the other Ground Pounder she had up for auction also, but it looked legit and I told her so.

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
I have brought this up before....no one here ageed. M2 makes it to easy to manipulate their product. A simple picture of the item in the package as well as better packaging would eliminate some of this. Same as the haulers being returned without cars. I have told many stores and many have related it to others in their particular chains. It's still pathetic though. This hobby sadly is littered with immature adults who have nothing better to do with their time except steal little toy cars. It's not little kids doing this....its grown adults.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts