Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
616 Posts
Well that all depends on what variation you have of the Flight 03, Tooned Mustang, and Sinistra. If they are the easy to find versions then you would be lucky to get $30 on the secondary market.

·
Registered
1,922 Posts
Yes if you are prepared to wait until the children who bought these new become 35-45 year old adult collectors.HW makes so many recolors of each casting that supplies of castings less than 25 years old are plentiful thanks to ebay and similar sites.
Your Flight o3 does not have a transparent red spoiler so I guess the whole lot would fetch about $30 - there are some great cars in that lot but also some uglies.I have 20 of these 2003 Fes - just bought the ones that I like -Switchback and Chapparal are my favourites :thumbsup:

·
Registered
232 Posts
SMS88 said:
Yes if you are prepared to wait until the children who bought these new become 35-45 year old adult collectors.HW makes so many recolors of each casting that supplies of castings less than 25 years old are plentiful thanks to<a href="http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-1751-2978-71/1?AID=5463217&PID=1606754&mpre=http%3A//www.ebay.com"> eBay!</a> and similar sites.
Your Flight o3 does not have a transparent red spoiler so I guess the whole lot would fetch about $30 - there are some great cars in that lot but also some uglies.I have 20 of these 2003 Fes - just bought the ones that I like -Switchback and Chapparal are my favourites :thumbsup:
yes, and for that same investment in stocks you'd be FAR better off, and you won't have to worry about damage or loss. :)

·
Registered
4,917 Posts
indivdually is more work, but might be able to get a little more that way. Eitherway, you wont be able to get that much, everything is massed produced to such extremes that its going to take years and years before they increase in value.

·
Registered
1,922 Posts
The HOT 100 was grossly overproduced and undersold.thereare still cases of these sitting about.Unless you have a rare wheel variation or a tampo variation on the Camaro then these are only worth whatever kids will pay for them.With a few exceptions like the 69 Charger and the Nova, the 2003 42 were much hotter sellers and more collectable than the 2004 Hot ´Cold in the grave ´100

·
Registered
7,300 Posts
late 90's are not "older" Hot Wheels... 1968-70 are old Hot Wheels that are worth collecting and fetch good prices
I'd say anything Hot Wheels from about 96 on up, unless it's Treasure Hunts, is pretty much worth 99 cents a car or less. That's if it was available in a regular retail store. Was funny how people collected First Editions thinking these are the ones to collect for value. What a great move my Mattel, make millions of these things and rake in people thinking they will be worth something.
Now granted, it is fun to find them all, just remember it's just for fun and even in 20 years these things won't be worth much. People have unopened cases of these things stashed away.
I say available at retail stores, because some of the late 90's cars available on-line or at exclusive events would be worth having..... maybe not worth alot of money (some maybe), but would be worth having...

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
i had this set with every verriation possible and some errors and it fetched me good money only cause the flight 03 with clear plastic that i got at tru was worth 100-150$ a few other variations i paid 5-25 for 20 for the boss hos tampo mustang 15 for the golden arrow with the htf wheels like 25 for the golden arrow with white top

i spent all of 2004 2005 2006 adding to this set anytime i found a new error or variation on ebay i had about 75-85 diffrent 2003 first editions and when i sold them last month i got 200$ buy it now off my auction with free shipping i had about 300 invested into it i had alot of mis matched wheels errors that i paid like 5-15 a peice for on ebay

so investment wise with fes unless you get a goor variation or error the value will never be what you paid most old fes you can get for 50 cents each at toy shows

if your looking for investments look for 67 camaros vws motorcyles go karts other popular castings and limiteds like ths and such

1 - 19 of 19 Posts