Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
frankiesatyr said:
Who will be selling them? Can you pre-order them? Thanks for the info....Frankie
it's my understanding that they will be sold where ever HW are sold ie Walmart, Kmart, Target, TRU, etc. But due to the high demand, it might be impossible to find one on the pegs.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Mattel will produce multiple scales of the Hot Wheels® Batmobile, including a 1:64th scale model that will appear on store shelves in spring 2007 as part of the Hot Wheels® basic car line. In fall 2007, there will be an additional 1:64th scale model introduced as well as a 1:43rd scale replica model and a 1:18th scale, which will have three tiers of detail and finish. The ultimate version, the Hot Wheels Elite™ special edition Batmobile, will have enough detail to delight even the most discriminating of Batmobile aficionados and die-cast collectors alike.

In order to re-create the stunning original the Hot Wheels® team headed up by Chief Designer Larry Wood, took precise measurements and also placed white powder all over the TV Batmobile to scan it for working on the design digitally. Then they made a 3-D image and cut the tooling from those images to insure an accurate reproduction.

“This is the car that every collector has been asking for,” said Geoff Walker, Vice President of Wheels Marketing, Mattel Brands. “This Batmobile is the version of the Caped Crusader’s car that everyone will instantly recognize. We’re thrilled at the opportunity to create the Hot Wheels® version of this iconic vehicle.”

1/64 picture

·
Registered
126 Posts
JLWFAN said:
Check out the one on<a href="http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-1751-2978-71/1?AID=5463217&PID=1606754&mpre=http%3A//www.ebay.com"> eBay!</a>!!! WHOOOO!!! :tongue:
You know that is a STUPID price (the one on eBay). And the sad thing is someone will buy it. I understand the Rarity of that car. But that much, come on. I am a true fan of Barris have had contact with him and I would not pay that price.. Buy the $.97 basic car and go to a Car show and get it signed. Whatever :( :( :( :freak: :confused:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts