Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hot Wheel Mystery T-Shirt/Car

Well, it is for me. I have no doubt someone will know exactly what it is. I've never seen HT stumped. A question about it. What size shirt is it?
Their is some price sticker residue on the tag but other than that it's in good shape. I wouldn't of found it but my wife had to "go" and we made a extra stop and I saw the yard sale across the street.

·
Registered
5,768 Posts
The one that I bought back in the day was an XL because that was the only size that was there. I got the '70 Mustang with my shirt.
Great find.

·
Registered
5,478 Posts
Shirt should be a XL but the word on the street is the Shirts are somewhat cheap and I heard they shrink to the next size down which will make that Shirt a Large.... Same with the HW Can Shirts... Cheap shirts for $10...

·
Premium Member
10,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Shirt should be a XL but the word on the street is the Shirts are somewhat cheap and I heard they shrink to the next size down which will make that Shirt a Large.... Same with the HW Can Shirts... Cheap shirts for $10...
When were these put out. I went to Ebay to search something about them and found nothing. Was it a send in or over the counter combo?

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
Found mine on the shelves at Kmart, many years ago with a blue '57 Chevy. All the shirts were XL. I still got mine and still wear it all the time, although it's now a bit worn. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
5,478 Posts
When were these put out. I went to Ebay to search something about them and found nothing. Was it a send in or over the counter combo?
Walmart had the T-Shirts in the bag in 2005/06 and then they carried the 40th Anniversary T-Shirts in the Cans in 2008/09.....
Many collectors were disappointed in the Quality of the Shirts for the price they paid. This is what I heard as I did not buy any of the Shirts.

No send ins .... Retail product

·
Premium Member
10,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Walmart had the T-Shirts in the bag in 2005/06 and then they carried the 40th Anniversary T-Shirts in the Cans in 2008/09.....
Many collectors were disappointed in the Quality of the Shirts for the price they paid. This is what I heard as I did not buy any of the Shirts.

No send ins .... Retail product
Being a newcomer to diecasts I know little about older stuff. I think it's cool the way one or more know something about any question asked on here.
Thanks Guys
Craig

·
Premium Member
9,246 Posts
Nice Hotwheels T-Shirt and 1956 Ford Panel Truck Congrats.:wave::thumbsup:

·
Registered
5,768 Posts
I guess it depends on how you wash the shirts. All of the ones I've got look good.
I've got the one that came in the can in blue (black was available too), the one that 1970 AMX has and one that Target had that came out about two years ago, it is white and has the Custom Otto. Under the Hot Wheels swoosh it has "fastest metal cars in the world" and under the Otto it says "El Segundo California speed-power performance"
The best one, I thought, was the hat and t-shirt and Classic combo. During the early part of series 2, K-Mart had this and my wife got it for me for Christmas of 2006. The shirt and hat are black and has the Hot Wheels swoosh and under it it has "Classics" like the cards had.
I like them because the ones offered by HWC are way more expensive than I want to pay for t-shirts.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts