Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4,561 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Batch 2 for New Zealand that is. We have only seen the first one so far, which included the white Camaro, the Fat Fendered and the Racing Combat Medic....and then I was told we wouldn't get any new ones because the line tanked and they were all peg warmers. Today I saw a new batch and got the lot as far as I could find them. I even like that Bubble Gunner. Almost.

·
Premium Member
9,259 Posts
Nice Hot Ones Finds Congrats.:wave::thumbsup:

·
Registered
582 Posts
I finally found the CRX here, and after much deliberation I left it behind. The chrome and rear engine just ruin the car for me. I guess I could customize it but I'm afraid that may not turn out so well.

·
Registered
4,561 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
We aren't really spoiled with premium series cars around here so I just took them all. But I do think that the HW treatment didn't help the CR-X. I remember the car more like this:

·
Registered
582 Posts
Me too, Johnny Lightning did a great version of the CRX. I'll be honest, and many will disagree, but Hondas of the 90s don't age like alot of cars from other manufactures.

·
Registered
14,324 Posts
You even like that Bubble Gunner almost? At those NZ prices you better love it! I like them too. Not enough to buy it, but they look delicious. Especially in pink. :p

I'll be honest, and many will disagree, but Hondas of the 90s don't age like alot of cars from other manufactures.
I agree. Maybe they've been taken care of or maybe it's just Honda, but many of the 90's Hondas I've seen are well preserved. Not the usual rust, and dirty torn up interiors you run into with many older cars. Mostly Accords and Preludes I've seen like that. And Civics of course get used and abused by the rice racer set.

·
Registered
1,842 Posts
oh I dunno...living in Florida through the 90's, I saw many a CRX with a body kit and a fart can :rolleyes:, so i can deal with the non stock appearance.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts