Hobbyist Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What was the hot esc in brushless at the birds? Were both the LRP Sphere and Novak GTB used in the faster cars?

·
Premium Member
2,038 Posts
Sean won with an LRP, Frank probably had the fastest car and Andy finished second with a Novak.

All in all I would say they both looked pretty good.

·
Registered
2,611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks guys. That's what I figured. It's funny hearing the rumors...like the LRP is waaay faster and turns 3,000 more rpm.
I have another question. Is there a chip in the ESC? People seem to think you can change a chip in the esc and go faster. From what I understand, the only chip is in the motor? And if there is a chip in the ESC then it restricts power to the motor...which would not make sense at all.
It seems like alot of people are trying to find things negative about brushless.

·
Registered
2,790 Posts
Tommygun43 said:
Thanks guys. That's what I figured. It's funny hearing the rumors...like the LRP is waaay faster and turns 3,000 more rpm.
I have another question. Is there a chip in the ESC? People seem to think you can change a chip in the esc and go faster. From what I understand, the only chip is in the motor? And if there is a chip in the ESC then it restricts power to the motor...which would not make sense at all.
It seems like alot of people are trying to find things negative about brushless.
Well yes there are microchips in the ESC, like all ESCs. They perform the functions that make your ESC work. Is the chip designed to limit power to the motor? Nope. Is talk of people putting different chips in complete bologna, YES.

The motor has hall chips to perform the commutation. I.E. Tell the speedo where the rotor is so that it knows what coils to turn on and when.

·
Registered
5,426 Posts
TommyGUn i agree people seem to wanna find things wrong with brushless. only thing that is a small problem right now is splitting up the class's but i dont care cuase i hate workin on motors and since i put a brushless in i havent taken it out and its just as fast as the first race! btw i use the gtb and love it

·
Registered
8,541 Posts
if your pack has 5.6 volts and if your current speedo sends the motor 5.6 volts than what in the hell would a chip do? it is very frustrating to hear rumors of the fast guys cheating at the birds this year. the fast guys are well...the fast guys. they do everything just that much better. it has nothing to do with a 800.00 chip or a 10,000 dollar chip! and for what? a bowling trophy? WOW! set up! set up! set up!

·
Registered
3,927 Posts
Joey,guy's are running 3.5's with no big sink,and fan

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Im new to this whole brushless thing, but I ran the new 4-Cell GTB last weekend at Classic. I liked it a lot, and will be running the 4300 Pro Class at the Open with my Novak GTB 4-Cell and 10.5/4300 Sintered Motor.

Adam Liehr
Team Novak

·
Registered
6,711 Posts
adamliehr said:
Im new to this whole brushless thing, but I ran the new 4-Cell GTB last weekend at Classic. I liked it a lot, and will be running the 4300 Pro Class at the Open with my Novak GTB 4-Cell and 10.5/4300 Sintered Motor.

Adam Liehr
Team Novak
Not to mention putting 3 laps on the record.
But thats because you got the hot motor from Charlie at Novak, lol
nah ricky told me the story of how he got the motor off the shelf put the sintered rotor in and strapped it into your car.

the best part of the story were the guys making fun of you for not having the updated vented can. guess you didnt neet it speedy !!!!

·
Registered
5,426 Posts
cream rises to the crop in any racing. thats why i like brushless. if im goin to be mid pack id rather be mid pack without killing myself finding the "hot" motor setup :) im hapy bein mid pack but even happier bein mid pack and lazy lol

BRUSHLESS RULES!

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
KOZ said:
Joey,guy's are running 3.5's with no big sink,and fan

So running a 13.5 class should be a piece of cake ??

What are they using for a top plate ?

Rookie at this , I ordered my GTB but havn't rec'd it yet .

1 - 17 of 17 Posts