Hobbyist Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi all. I haven't posted in a while as this is a busy time for me. I still work in radio and do a morning show so hobby time is limited. I did finaly complete my Horizon Wolfman which was a fun and challenging kit. I need to craft a base yet but I set up a temp thing for some pics. Hope you enjoy.

Michael:wave:

·
Registered
2,149 Posts
frankiefreak Michael, that looks outstanding! The face and the eyes came out great. The clothing looks fantastic too. It's nice to see someone paint clothing and not use gloss paint!

Looks like a pretty good kit. You said it was challenging, did you mean the painting or the construction?

hal9001-

·
Premium Member
4,088 Posts
Great work on that Wolfman. I like the colors and the way you did the clothes and the creature himself.

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
frankiefreak Michael, that looks outstanding! The face and the eyes came out great. The clothing looks fantastic too. It's nice to see someone paint clothing and not use gloss paint!

Looks like a pretty good kit. You said it was challenging, did you mean the painting or the construction?

hal9001-
Thanks hal. The parts did not fit together very well so there eas alot of puttying which I got better at working on this guy. Painting went well except I haven't mastered the art of washes for shading. I tried a few times but never achieved the right look so I used chalk pastels for shading as I have done with previous kits. I got the right result in the end. And I agree about the shiny clothes on kits. I'm a stickler for flat finish on clothes and skin, etc. I use Testors dullcoat exclusively. Thanks for looking!

Michael:wave:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts