Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,930 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I recently posted in MY Gallery the Horizon Frank I had done a little while ago.
I adjusted his left leg to give him a more 'walking' stance.

I'll enter other past builds as I get to them with new pix.
Dabbler

·
Premium Member
3,930 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Thanks Norml ! Yes, he's mourning the passing of his 'Mother', Shelley, and his 'Father', Karloff. He sort of seems lost without them.

·
Registered
948 Posts
Model good! Sorry, I just watched The Bride of Frankenstein the other day. Looks great Dabs!

·
Premium Member
3,930 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks Steven ! I recently watched both "Frankenstein" and "Bride" on late night TV also, first in a long while.

·
Registered
7,695 Posts
Another great model from the Dabbler! Always enjoy your work.The base has some really nice touches, and the stance of Frank, gives him that child like quality as in the movie.

·
Premium Member
3,930 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks Lloyd. I was striving to show the "sympathetic" side, plus his "ancestry" as it were.

·
Registered
541 Posts
Hi Dabs :wave: ,

Nice work with Franky and the Base :thumbsup: Just bought this kit myself from expensiveBay :freak:
I have a question about the build on this kit. Did you heat the legs and mould them to fit inside the torso or sit ontop of it. The instuctions I have do not make it clear :confused:. I want to do the job Properly and not have him Too Short or Too Tall.

Ochronosis

·
Premium Member
3,930 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Revised direction

Hi Och, I trimmed the parts pretty well and then heated both parts with a hair dryer.Yes I did put the pants into the shirt If you don't it does get pretty 'tall' as the leg section is pretty long on that. I glued them with super glue and activater. OH, the torso seems to be rather 'thin' or skinny, you may want to pack it with wadded up plastic bags or something to fill & firm it. I didn't and he looks kind of undernourished from the side!!
Good luck & let us see the results !!
Dabbler

·
Registered
541 Posts
Hi Dabs,

Thanks for the Info, i'll remember when I get to build the kit. Unfortunately I have not been building much lately, as I have been busy at home (I am back together with my wife after a long seperation and DIY comes before anything I want to do :p ).

Your Franky looks great, not too thin.

I'm just heading off back home, so if you post again I may not be able to respond until my next visit to my parents, to use their internet.

Keep up the good work :thumbsup:

Ochronosis

·
Premium Member
3,930 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
You have a warped mind Chris W, that's what we like about you :jest:

·
Premium Member
3,930 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks W66, coming from a guy that puts out the quality builds you do I'm honored.

·
Lifetime Monster Modeler
4,124 Posts
Dab,

This is a GREAT kit! And a tough one to land for under $100 these days!
You did a nice job on him and the base!

MMM

1 - 20 of 28 Posts