Hobbyist Forums banner
1 - 20 of 1256 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi everyone, that time of year to start prepping for the new season, this year is sure to be a blast, new classes, new tracks, new technology, all sure to bring excitement to the competition this year!

Please visit http://www.hooteroutlawtour.com for information on class rules, track locations, and points. Also be sure to check out our sponsors, they are what make this series what it is! Just remember the almost endless door prizes and raffles at the 2009 banquet. A big thank you to all who continue to support this series with items for door prizes, money and their time to do what is necessary to pull this all off.

The Classes will be:

21.5 2S Pan Car w/Nationwide Series style bodies
13.5 1S Pan Car w/Nationwide Series style bodies
Spec NASTruck 4 Cell Spec Class with NASCAR Truck Series style Bodies
Crate Late Models 6 Cell Spec Class with Dirt Oval Style Late Model Bodies
EDM (gearbox) 17.5 2S LIPO Outlaw Class :)

The Schedule is as follows:

September 19th 2009 - Pittsburgh Mills - Pittsburgh, PA
October 17th 2009 - Hobbytown USA - Boardman, Ohio
November 21st 2009 - Lucky 13 CB Club - Cochranton, PA
December 19th 2009 - Oak Hill R/C Speedway - Waterford, PA
Januaray 1st 2010 - Bulldog RC Club - Harborcreek, PA
January 16th 2010 - Lucky 13 CB Club - Cochranton, PA
February 20th 2010 - Oak Hill R/C Speedway - Waterford, PA
March 20th 2010 - JT's RC Raceway - Falconer, NY
April 17th 2010 - Rocky Grove VFD - Franklin, PA
April 24th 2010 - Banquet - VFW Post #470 - Erie, PA

LIPO Charging sacks will be required at all of our stops this year regardless of the tracks club racing requirements on this. It is for the safety of our racers and the facility. Though all facilities will try to provide adequate space for all racers please plan ahead and have a table/chair with you, they may be needed. Also please abide by pit sizes allotted at the different facilities.

Committee Members:

Glen S.
Ron M.
Bob G.
Joe P.
Dave W.
Jason O.

Tech Personnel:

Jason O.
Rob A.
Kevin B. (fill in as needed)

Kevin B.

Shawn N.

Remember - GO FAST TURN LEFT!

And most of all Have Fun! :thumbsup:

·
Used to be racer......
4,210 Posts
LOL... Lipo Sack? Really?

Hope someone has one I can borrow... I have no use for them personally.
Perhaps they'll let you can bring a metal lock box for the day as a substitute? :D I personally don't use a sack myself (although I have one I cart the packs in). I figure if the thing is going to swell I wanna know about it before I open up the bag and flame shoots out at me! :lol:

·
Premium Member
1,578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I would rather see the guys running the round cells have to use them... those things get ugly when they go off.

Ehh well, If I don't have one it will save me 6 hour trip I wasn't really interested in taking anyway... lol
I agree with you totally about 4/6 cell NiMH and NICD batteries, but wasn't my decision....

·
Premium Member
1,578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
No not yet, I will have it before the first tour race though. Have a bunch of stuff down at Glen's for sale...

·
Used to be racer......
4,210 Posts
Man I'm ready to get back on the track. I keep looking at my cars every day trying to figure out something else I can do to them. You can only check the screws for tightness so many times! :lol:

Kevin A.........your avatar. Those the "spec" pancars Tim is going to be coming out with? I'll have to check his site to see if they're on there yet. I might have to make another purchase. :D

·
Premium Member
1,923 Posts
You guys looking for cars... I have 2 R5's ready to go... 1 has less than 100 laps of practice on it (never raced) and the other just came out of the box and was finished up last night.. I also have a pro3 roller as well, all come with 9650 servos.

·
Premium Member
1,923 Posts
Yea, seems like a fledging business lately... People either don't like building them, or want someone to build and setup a car for them because they think someone else can do it better. Most of the time newer racers don't have the patience to build a car properly... Whatever the reason is, it has actually kept me really busy since I started offering to do it last year. I have 4 sitting on the bench right now I have to finish up this week and send out...

·
Registered
724 Posts
Kevin A.........your avatar. Those the "spec" pancars Tim is going to be coming out with? I'll have to check his site to see if they're on there yet. I might have to make another purchase. :D
Yeah, We haven't (tested) yet with these cars,they are put together a little (different) It should be fun though, Been a long time since my pancar days, I caught myself tryin' to groove the spec tires LMAO!:jest::D

·
Used to be racer......
4,210 Posts
Yeah, We haven't (tested) yet with these cars,they are put together a little (different) It should be fun though, Been a long time since my pancar days, I caught myself tryin' to groove the spec tires LMAO!:jest::D
Can't wait to get a look at them. As with everything it seems Tim touches, I'm sure they'll be fast. :) Gotta rib him about his website too. Under Team Drivers - Tim Dipenti - owner/driver?. Got a kick out of that. :lol:

·
Registered
125 Posts
DON'T FORGET - Gem City opens tonight for practicing & racing . Let's give Joe alittle
support, seeing he is one of the last standby tracks.

1 - 20 of 1256 Posts