Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,029 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Racestreet (New Castle) and Summit Raceway (Fort Wayne) will be hosting a 2 race championship series for all oval racers throughout the midwest. Come and join us for 2 weekends of great competition and a good time.

Racestreet - January 13, 2007

Summit Raceway - February 24, 2007

Entry Fee $20.00 per car

Doors will open at 9:00 a.m. Racing to start at 5:00 p.m.

3 Rounds of qualifying before mains

Friday night warm up race - 8:00 p.m. Entry fee $10.00. 2 heats and a main.

Here are links for more information about rules and classes, and a flyer for the races. There will be other classes permitted if we have enough entries. http://home.comcast.net/~scottaheat...lassicRules.pdf
http://home.comcast.net/~scottaheat...ClassicOval.pdf

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
Down at New Castle I remeber Burke making announce ment about the Legends being box stock after the 1st of the year. In the rules package why does it not state that the Legends wheel spacing must be box stock....

As of right now there is a conflict in the rules......the way it states now people can tuck the left rear wheel against the chassis...and run pretty much whatever hubs they want to. Is this box stock?? NOPE!!!

Please verify/clarify then repost revisions......

Not to be a pain, but if you are gonna say "Box stock" at a race that this event is gonna be held at...then the rules must be specific as to what box stock is....and how you will measure/determine as to what isn't box stock and stick to it....

Kris

·
Premium Member
2,029 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I talked with Burke and we do want to keep the Legend rules as stock as possible. The important thing in all this is to come and have a good time and race with racers from other tracks. These rules are important and we plan on meeting next friday afternoon to discuss this and a couple of other things for this series but lets all remember the main purpose of this hobby(sport) is for us getting together for the weekend and enjoying competing with our friends from out of town.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Touring car is really 4300 BL AND RUBBER tires? Seriously? Wow. I was gonna come race this weekend but I figured it would be stock with foams. Oh well, not sure now what to do now.

Let me know if this is correct, thats what I read in the rules anyway.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
2,029 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
You guys are welcome to run foam TCs, 13.5 Sportsman Stock brushless, Stadium Trucks, Sprintcars or whatever as long as there are enough to make a class. I'm 100% sure Butch and Burke agree with that. From what I am hearing our local Summit TC guys probably won't be there for the NC race anyway. Keep posting on this thread if you have any more questions or input as I will meet with them this friday. Also on the flyer there are e-mail addresses and phone numbers if you want contact us . Thanks for your imput guys. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,915 Posts
mkiiracer said:
Will they run trucks there? what kind of tires, motors, batteries?
and where in new castle is the track ?
well if they ever had enough trucks to run, it would be kewl.. but don't count on it!!! :(

·
Registered
95 Posts
Dewees and I will be there...I'm not gonna run Fri, got other things going on, should be around to watch the first round tho!

Moss - Heck theres 2 trucks, throw it out there and put a bug in peoples ear about it...Could come back BIG...

mkiiracer - Its at the Moose Lodge just off of SR3 on New York Ave., which is the last stop light when headed north on 3, you will go under a train track then it will be the next light, take a right, Moose will be on the right, go around to the back...OR...Going south on SR3 it'll be the first stop light and you will be able to see the tracks, make a left, Moose will be down on your right...

Hope to see quite a few show up, lookin to see some Ft. Wayne faces fillin up the classes!

·
Registered
308 Posts
We will be there sat morning, will be bringing a couple Touring oval trucks AND stock pan cars. I hope there will be 4-5 more trucks sat.

Better be ready Muddd, c'mon.

Eugene

·
Registered
1,984 Posts
Geno, just got home from work and startin my motor program, im goin to need to use you dyno tomorrow mine got sent in, hope all this EA power dont blow yours up as well! see ya tomorrow round 3-4 oclock,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,cmon

C3

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
Roll Call For 2nd Leg of series at Summit Raceway?????

I am in for 4300 BL (If the speedcontoller comes back from Novak)
and Legends Spec....

Kris

1 - 20 of 36 Posts