Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
BANNED
8,257 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
quick little story
over 20 years ago I saw a very nice custom 1/25 scale Rommels Rod model on ebay.
I didn't win the auction.
I contacted the seller and he agreed to build one for me if I supplied all the parts and materials for $200.00
he cashed the check.
have emailed and even called, always with a promise of finishing the project real soon.
even sent me pictures of the nearly finished project.

now, I had the opportunity to buy that same exact custom, that he auctioned off originally, TWICE, on eBay and both times cheaper than the last.
so each buyer made less than they paid.
I didn't buy it because of the promises to have mine "ready any day now".

I can no longer contact the seller. he quit (or changed his ID) on eBay, the phone number is disconnected and the email address is dead.
he may be as well for all I know.

bottom line is
I TRUSTED SOMEONE TO BE A MAN OF HIS WORD and got screwed.
$200.00 plus a $300.00 pristine original Monogram Rommel's Rod and a Monogram Mercedes kit for additional parts, many skeleton figures from a lot of different kits and modeling sheet lead for part of the customization.
in the range of $600.00 out of MY pocket.

for
nothing

sorry for the long winded cry.

but, with far less investment, I seem to be facing a similar dilemma now.

any suggestions?

:freak:

·
Model Murdering
7,331 Posts
Buy yourself a shiny new slotcar, maybe some hot rod parts too. Let karma do it's job Al, and you'll have no worries. Because of you're good character, you'll always be on the right side of the equation where it really counts.

·
Registered
2,603 Posts
Al....I have no advice for you....but if you're a man of your word you are way ahead in this game called life.

·
Registered
460 Posts
Al
The way I see it you would never do that to someone but the guy you made the deal with is northing like you. I'm sure of that.
Here a another one a guy I know sold some parts to a guy in Canada before the money got to him the guy got his 175 bucks worth of parts and the other guy never got his money, same deal never heard from him again, there called scammers there everywhere
The only reason he sent the parts first is because the parts take longer to get there, he was think and trying to help the guy out
gt40

1 - 4 of 4 Posts