Hobbyist Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a honda atv 300 and on a idle it has a skip or hesitation spot witch will idle through and then sometimes it stalls out.i have plenty of good fuel , carb. is cleaned out tank is cleaned out. is there a adjustment i can make or is it something else i am not doing right ? thank you. john

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yes it does idle good and i did change the spark plug. but i did not check the gap. i will check the gap .i think it is .28 i will check, and when it skips it sounds like it knocks in the piston head? thanks for your reply mikel

·
Registered
649 Posts
I had the same problem with my ex300, I soaked and rebuilt the carburator, put in a new spark plug and some fresh gas, now it runs fine.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
no not a skip when on idle, but if i am not mistaking it gives that ping sound in the piston head when throttled ,which is at the same time it would skip even on idle if that makes any sense to you thanks mikel for the reply also have a carb kit on the way please reply back

·
Registered
53 Posts
Have you tried backing the pilot screw out a little at a time? See if it gets better or worse. If it gets worse turn pilot screw in a little. Worth a try since you have rebuild kit on the way. The pilot system supplies the fuel for low speeds.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts