Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
10,696 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I read here that it does happen, from time to time, but this was the first time for me! The fabled White Lightning "two 'fer", where you find two identical W/Ls on the pegs together!

Was in a local Wally today ... same ol' stuff as last week. The two "Hot Rod" black with flames roadsters caught my eye again ...... saw those a week ago, in fact, still had one in my car that I bought elsewhere a couple of weeks ago and I was thinking of returning (had one already, and they didn't seem to really catch on).

Suddenly, something I read here about this series kicked in, and I thought to myself "didn't I read that these cars had a white interior as a W/L?" .... as I looked at the two roadsters with white interiors in my hand ....

I quickly stashed the cars, and went back to the car to check ..... and out came a BWF "Hot Rod" series '32 roadster ...... with a black interior!!! You should have seen me head back to that spot where I stashed them! Yup, tinted windows, too!

As well informed as I try to stay here, I missed these over a week ago, and almost did it twice! Wonder how many others missed these in that week as well? This is the WM that has an employee who grabs all the W?Ls and TH's that come in! (He missed a '65 Mustang Coke ornament WL last week too!)

·
Registered
2,219 Posts
Congrats on your finds! I actually had a white myself sitting on the pegs for about two to three weeks here in my store! The only way you could tell it was a white was the lettering on the tires saying 'White Lightning.'

·
Registered
985 Posts
Congrats on the WLs !! I think its great that the WLs are HTF. It gives the true collector a chance at getting them. I dont mind that we have to do our homework to find them:thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
:thumbsup: Congratulations! WTG! I definitely enjoy the extra effort it takes in finding WLs. It makes finding them that much sweeter.
Charlie

·
Registered
2,399 Posts
:thumbsup: Excellent...!
same goes for the 82 Camaro with the white interior and tinted windows...hard to spot as white...but sweet when you know what to look for and find one....! HT rocks...!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts