Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I took my Sunday morning stroll through the Walmart today, and didn't see anything too impressive in the diecast aisle. I did notice that the 40th Anniversary Johnny Lightnings are no longer on pegs, but stacked on the shelf instead, but that's another story. Anyway, I walked down the Clearance aisle, and I found a box of those Caterpillar diecast tractors by Norscot. There was a price tag on the box that said $3.00, so I grabbed a D5M bulldozer and a 163H motor grader, both 1:87 scale. I also took a Hotwheels 1:87 Porsche Caymen for $.75. Anyway, they tried to charge me $20.00 for the three, so I walked the cashier back to the aisle and showed her the box. I heard her superior tell her that it was a mistake, and that those should never have been in that aisle, but to give me that price anyway. I'm an easygoing guy, if they told me it was a mistake, I would have just left without the tractors. But if they want to give them to me for $3.00 a pop, who am I to argue? :p They'll look great on my HO layout.

·
Registered
4,781 Posts
HW Classics for a dime a piece is just about what their worth.
unless they are Chase cars, in that case maybe a quarter. LOL.

Those NorScot vehicles for 3 bucks a pop is downright theft.
A great deal by both hobbytalk members!

·
Registered
205 Posts
HW Classics for a dime a piece is just about what their worth.
unless they are Chase cars, in that case maybe a quarter. LOL.
Um... ok then! Some great castings, all metal, spectraflame paint. If you don't appreciate them for 10¢ apiece, I'll take them all! :)

·
Registered
5,478 Posts
LOL @ Kim ... Howdy :wave:

It was a fluke to find a Sealed HW Classics S5 Case for $1.20 + tax. :thumbsup:

I looked high and low for a few more Cases but none to be seen.

It will be a while till I see that deal again .... That's for sure.

·
Registered
4,781 Posts
Um... ok then! Some great castings, all metal, spectraflame paint. If you don't appreciate them for 10¢ apiece, I'll take them all! :)
You canadians cant spot sarcasm, Eh?
you are from canada, not you are?
I stumbled into a Walmart in a Montana town yesterday
and picked up 15 different HW Garage cars for a buck a piece.
I thought that was reasonable.

What is a "Phils Garage" & "Waynes Garage" anyway?
And why is some guys name scratched into the chassis? :drunk:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts