Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just found 6 of the Holiday Classics for 2006. As always they have asorted coolness to all the castings but this year they only show 8 for a set instead of 12, thats kinda a bummer. Oh well Iam way ahead this year so hopefully I can find the last 2 in stores rather than the ebay thing to collect the whole set again. I thought I had all the sets they made until I seen this
http://jlcollector.com/xmas05.html
For 2005 they show 13 cars. Did I miss one last year?! How could this happen!?
Happy Holidays and Classics too, Dave

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
sschevyman1 said:
SuperDave, did you find them at a chain store........which one????
No I found them at a local gift/green house/candy store. TRU,target, Kmart and walmart didnt have anything even recent.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Registered
2,417 Posts
robertwadehall said:
odd they used the Tucker again (3rd time it's been a Holiday Classic, IIRC).
Mac Ragan addressed this once upon a time, or maybe it was in some JL lit somewhere, that the Tucker would be done every year as a Holiday Classic. Hope i'm ont putting words in anyone's mouth, but I'm sure I didn't make this up.

jk

·
Registered
3,093 Posts
Jeff, you didn't make that up.
That was the word when the first Tucker came out for 2004 Holiday Classics.
That fact was in wrting and probably right here at Hobby Talk.
And Mac Ragan probably was the person who made that statement.
The Tucker is such a unique automobile. I am happy that JL made it as a casting.
I have been collecting all the colour variations and look forward to each new one as
it is released. My favorite is the red chrome one.
The colour of the one issued this year may not be the best choice, but I still will
collect it. And the tires will be a unique feature just like the one from last year.
Love the chrome whether it be a Tucker or another casting.

Cheers. Cobra

·
Premium Member
8,297 Posts
I haven't seen them in stores yet but I;m anticipating them :thumbsup:

MY next conquest,is to be able to collect EVERY single Holiday ornament they have mad.That would ake a GREAT display on my Christmas tree :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
SuperDave said:
No I found them at a local gift/green house/candy store. TRU,target, Kmart and walmart didnt have anything even recent.
My Wally had the Holiday Classics last week, I was able to get the Belvedere.

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
SuperDave said:
Oh well Iam way ahead this year so hopefully I can find the last 2 in stores rather than the
SuperDave, I bought an inner from MLC last week. I have dups of the Mustang, 'Vette, AMX and Bug. Do you need any of these? PM me if so.

JP2

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
BFK said:
I haven't seen them in stores yet but I;m anticipating them :thumbsup:

MY next conquest,is to be able to collect EVERY single Holiday ornament they have mad.That would ake a GREAT display on my Christmas tree :thumbsup:
BFK,
I have extras of some of the past ornaments. If interested, PM me and I can look at them and give you a list of what I have.

I personally have all sets from 2000 on including Coke Automents. Can't wait to put up the tree this year.

JP2

1 - 20 of 22 Posts