Hobbyist Forums banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
10,381 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Don't go nuts. If you are a NASCAR fan, just get them. You will really like them, and then you will have them and the time to research if they are real.

65 Ford Galaxie red #121 says Augusta Motor Sales - That's Dan Gurney
66 Chevelle yellow #266 only has small auto parts stickers, no big sponsor
40 Ford Coupe black #3 - Junior Johnson on roof
59 Chevy Impala white #259 red roof only small auto parts stickers.
57 Plymouth red #157 says Savoy Plaza Racing
56 Merc white #256 says E.S.D.C. Racing, Parker Head Svc, and Shah Milling and Machinery
Well Buddy!, Thank you, But its hard for me since I work two jobs and I don't have the time to do the research, thats why I was asking the Pros for help because of the last series HW did only 3 were Real NASCAR racing cars the rest were just Wanna-bees....But really thank you for this effort....:thumbsup:

·
Registered
591 Posts
Well Buddy!, Thank you, But its hard for me since I work two jobs and I don't have the time to do the research, thats why I was asking the Pros for help because of the last series HW did only 3 were Real NASCAR racing cars the rest were just Wanna-bees....But really thank you for this effort....:thumbsup:
I think it may be the same case here that a few are fantasy cars, since it is not very obvious on Google search. I am not a big NASCAR fan, but these and the HW Racing stock cars from last year really look good. Something about the 50s and 60s cars (and the 70s funny cars) are appealing.

·
Registered
737 Posts
I believe this was the series the original post was about. All "fantasy" cars as they were all real cars but none we licensed to any real driver or race team. Hot Wheels created race cars - and all the similar lines to this, like the Off Road and Road Race cars were similar to real race cars/trucks but were all imagined.
It's interesting that they didn't use the Chevelle on the card art as one of the castings.
Pretty well done, but man, these sure did hang and hang. I must have left 2 dozen of the Chevelles and '40 Fords behind. And of course prices for them have gone insane lately.

·
Administrator
26,606 Posts
I am not sure that the #3 Ford was ever driven in a race. It seems to be more a promotional car to Junior Johnson's boot legging legacy. But he did race his bootlegging cars on Sundays.

·
Administrator
26,606 Posts
The other 4 may have been cars run in other series - there are dozens of them across the country. Most records only show cars from 0 to 100 primarily for NASCAR and usually only those with 50 or more starts.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts