Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 360 Posts

·
Registered
807 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
we are pleased to announce that hobbyworld is going to start racing on the third saturday of every month.starting august the 21 at 7:00 pm with registration starting at 5.the track is open from 10:00 oclock in the morning for practice all day.i hope to get some of the fastest r/c racers around to come up to jaxsonville and make this a success.we offer a large asphalt oval,i believe to be around 350 foot run line and a road course for touring cars.

classs to be run

legends
sportsman 30 lap break out
street spec
4 cell stock (any roar approved motor)
4 cell 19turn any 19turn motor ie ultrabird,arcor.chamilon

if you have any questions please post here and we will try to answer them for you.........thanks bear yarbrough

·
Registered
807 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
sorry but i left off the touring classes.

we offer:
stock touring
and if theres enough 19 turn touring.

again if you have any question please post them.thanks again bear yarbrough

·
1,084 Posts
Cool, count me in. Will it affect the usual point series or will it be seperate?

Bryan, it sounds like it will be a bring what you brought class with a cap of 30 laps, stock or spec stuff, doesn't matter, but once you do 30 laps you need to move up. Seems to be pretty fair to me. I would think it would be optional, I don't think we have to right to tell anyone what class to race in. Not sure if its official, or who you would actually ask in order to make it official.

Shawn

·
Registered
807 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
30 lap breakout = run what ya brung.it doesnt matter,oval car touring car,truck whatever.no real rules.if you run more than 30 laps you lose that round.once a driver can run 30 laps he will be more than able to pick any class he wants to run.

shawn as for the points in talking with tom and john and george,we think it will be best to not race on the friday before our saturday and make saturday a normal points race as usual.this way we keep our local crowd plus add some fresh faces....bear

·
Registered
2,157 Posts
Bear that weekend is the state race at Kissimmee. They will have many of the worlds drivers from around the world racing.I doubt you'll get many out of town racers .Also the third weekend every month is the state series races. So The only time I could make this race I can't.

·
Registered
807 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
sorry bill,the reason behind it is superior is the 1st weekend,daytona is the second,we would be the third.theres no way to schedule with out conflicting with someone.i know we have the focar series,fseara along with other local club races but we will play it by ear!!!!

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
What about the 4th Saturday? lol, reason I ask is cause I am in a car club that meets the first Friday and 3rd Saturday of each month. They just created this Saturday meeting for me and 2 others that work on Friday. lol, now I would either have to miss both meetings again every month or miss a race night. I missed alot of meetings the last 4 months for racing lol, and hate to have to choose lol.....but I could always alternate meetings/races each month. I am not that worried about the points series anyway....right now at least...I may just have to drop out of the club lol.

·
Registered
807 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yep I Cant Wait Either!we All Need To Go To Stricklands The Week Before And Give Them Our Support So We Can Have Theres

·
Registered
807 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
New92 said:
What about the 4th Saturday? lol, reason I ask is cause I am in a car club that meets the first Friday and 3rd Saturday of each month. They just created this Saturday meeting for me and 2 others that work on Friday. lol, now I would either have to miss both meetings again every month or miss a race night. I missed alot of meetings the last 4 months for racing lol, and hate to have to choose lol.....but I could always alternate meetings/races each month. I am not that worried about the points series anyway....right now at least...I may just have to drop out of the club lol.
YOU HAVE TO SHOW UP FOR 2 WEEKS STRAIGHT FIRST.HAHHAHAA
LIKE I SAID THERE IS NO BEST WEEKEND.WE WILL STILL BE RACING ON FRIDAY NIGHTS THE REST OF THE TIME!!

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
yea yea yea
lol

I will be there soon enough. People will think I have been taking lessons from you too lol

Stricklands sounds like a good possibility for the comeback....:)

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
Xpss, "30 lap breakout = run what ya brung.it doesnt matter,oval car touring car,truck whatever.no real rules.if you run more than 30 laps you lose that round.once a driver can run 30 laps he will be more than able to pick any class he wants to run."

OK, So does this mean I can run my Nastruck in breakout???
Really Happy to hear I can now run at least once a month at the race track only 12 miles from my house :D

See Ya! Lee Helander :cool:

·
Registered
8,541 Posts
is strickland the 3rd saturday of every month or is it the second saturday of every month?

·
Registered
160 Posts
xpss said:
30 lap breakout = run what ya brung.it doesnt matter,oval car touring car,truck whatever.no real rules.
Hmm. Beginner drivers with cars (and stadium trucks and buggies) of widely varying speed and handling characteristics on the same track trying to make 30 laps in 4 minutes?

In other words: a demolition derby. :eek:

·
Registered
4,494 Posts
You the man Bear...hope to join you guys on third Saturday of the month...that is if I don't have to play Navy. That is usually scheduled the same weekend.

Breakout....bring what you brung...car/truck bodies...so does that mean I and/or my son can use a brushless system? Tell me it isn't so...I have a reason to put it in a car now..... :thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 360 Posts