Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We are in the process of adding to our race schedule. Another night of the week for practice, maybe racing. Just to simplify our prices for racing........$10 for the first entry, $5 for any additional. No transponder rental required. We will be making some changes for the better also. Come on out and see us, Registration opens at 10 a.m., closes at 12 p.m. on Saturdays and we start racing around 12:30 p.m. You can always call ahead if you are running late and register, just call 464-4140 and give the HobbyTown associate your Transponder number (if you have one) Class or Classes you want to run, and Frequencies. See you on Saturday.

Sean:thumbsup:

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Team....This is for the indoor track we opened a few weeks ago. It is only for electric. We will run outdoor at our Newport News, VA store as soon as the weather gets a little warmer. I will post all that info when the weather breaks. The indoor track is located in Virginia Beach on Va Beach BLVD. Between Independence and Rosemont road, the shopping center is called Loahmanns Plaza, there is an AppleBees right in front of our store. Come on out! Thanks for the questions.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I know exactly where that is...Damn shame I don't have anything electric. I guess I'll have to wait until nitro season opens up.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sorry to hear that, come on out anyway and see some good racing if you like. If not, we look forward to seeing you this spring.:D

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
GREAT TURNOUT TODAY, sorry I wasnt very attenative today, other job has me working all night, looking at about a 24 hour day right now. Got up at 8 Sat. morning and wont get any sleep until 8 Sun. morning.

The IFMAR starts really looked good today, thanks to all of you for coming out to run with us today. We totaled about 52 entries. Thursday night is practice, see all you guys/gals later.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
If we were that worried about it....we would. If we were running National Events.....we would. If our ONLY means of income was the track....we would. If we raced for blood ....we would. Havent had a problem with it yet, everyone gets along fine and if there is a problem it gets worked out rather easily. We have fun and that is what it is REALLY all about, this is a Hobby. During Trophy Races and such we will take it into more consideration. Thanks for the post.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Hey Sean, my son Joseph and I really enjoyed the racing Sat. We came up with Jimmy Mac. Thank's, it was a well run show as far as I was concerned, will probably run Joseph in novice next time though. I know we all had a good time, and one guy with us is hooked on 1/12 racing now. As far as tech goes, I think most of the racer's would catch it if someone was doing something wrong, but everything looked good to me. Anyway's enjoyed it and hope to get back up soon. Oh yeah, how much longer will you be running, might make plan's for another trip up, it's only about 3 1/2 hour'sLOL. Bye for now....Hank:D

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Gold........I am glad that you all enjoyed it.:thumbsup: We run every Saturday, we havent heard anything about closing it up.

You are exactly right about the tech situation, Thanks for posting and we will see you on the track!

·
Registered
338 Posts
thts funny, since i have seen one of youre "heros" run a 19 turn in stock class, with nothing said. other than him bragging about it to me, of coarse

just figured id get on youre thread since you stay on tidewaters

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Thanks you for the heads up. Obviously you race (or have raced) at our track or you wouldnt know about that. Thanks for the business. I will look into it.

This is what is known as "Surfing the Web".

·
Registered
338 Posts
yes i have raced at youre place and enjoyed it, i prefer tidewater. i like knowing that im on a level playing feild. no one will get away with the old arm swap there.

also, surfing doesnt mean posting

·
Registered
122 Posts
i would just like to thank you guys for letting everyone no that you dont tech. i will be there with my 9 turn and a tag epoxyed to it so it looks legal. i still do not see why you guys wont do a little competion with tidewater. it would be in the best interest for both facilities.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts