Hobbyist Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Drove past the store this evening after they were closed and noticed they now have a off road dirt track beside the store.Does anyone have any info about it ? When they race what they race etc?

·
Registered
846 Posts
Dirt Off-road at HOBBYTOWN????????????????????

Yes, Kaug, there will be a brand new off-road track in lil' ol Robinson Twp. this coming Spring 2005 :thumbsup: . My brother Sam & I (and of course Allen) helped to "rough-in" the basic design with our Bobcat before winter sets in. This will allow a good base to be set for the Spring. There will be some running on it through the Fall (once finished) but the real dirt/clay work will be Spring 2005. The owners plan on having organized racing starting in the Spring, with a couple of big races over next Summer in discussion. At this point, I plan on helping them again in the Spring with the track layouts, dirt work, and administration of races. Thanks for noticing the changes, and watch the sales at Dick's and Sam's Club for E-Z Ups!!!! John @ The Raceway, Beaver. :wave:

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Good to hear yourself & Sam are involved it and will be running the races. From what I've heard and read you run a first class show. Looking forward to throwing up a roster tail ! Please let us know when it's time to start our Nitro's

·
Registered
846 Posts
Nitros?

Hey, thanks for the complements. I will make sure that the track pictures are "nitro-friendly" as there are more & more nitro people interested in racing in the area. I will make it as "fun" as possible, with as much crowd interaction as I can. Thanks, and don't forget the AFTER-RUN!! :lol: [email protected] The Raceway :wave:
P.S. We are having a race here this Sat. Oct. 16th at 1PM for "non" nitros.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Haven't had a chance to get up that way since last post. Was wondering what progress
has been made and any chance of practice this year ?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Just wanted to let everyone know about Brown's hobbyshop and raceway in Ohio--only 45 mins from Pittsburgh. I have some video if anyone is interested on you tube from this past Sunday.--Eric

Buggy A Main

Truggy A Main

Come on down, it is a blast!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts