Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 247 Posts

·
Registered
4,709 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
OK went out to help tonight.....we need some more help to get things ready for Friday. If anyone is avaliable....we will be at the track at 6pm...the drivers stand still needs to be built, the boards still need to be fixed and the track needs to be laid out....tonight the carpet is down....if you can help PLEASE DO!

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Micro: Please offer my apologies to Steve (and likely Grizzly). I'm embroiled in my own project and can't get over there to help. BTW, while cleaning up the attic, I came across the "Legend of Lake Whipoorwill" issue of RC Car Action! That should give you some idea of how busy I am.

·
Registered
4,497 Posts
Micro_Racer said:
OK went out to help tonight.....we need some more help to get things ready for Friday. If anyone is avaliable....we will be at the track at 6pm...the drivers stand still needs to be built, the boards still need to be fixed and the track needs to be laid out....tonight the carpet is down....if you can help PLEASE DO!
Ugghhh-bad memories-track/facility building is fun business isnt it!!! YOu helped build the Gate-now the Hobbytown track-very nice of you!!

·
Registered
4,709 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ray -- ya track building is sooooo much FUN! -- NOT -- Alot of work goes into our little hobby.....

P.S. -- I know you have a BRP ..... bring it out!!!!

·
Registered
605 Posts
:cool:
What are the classes that you will be running in the BRP series? E-mail me or give directions to a site that might have the info.
Thanks, Dale

·
Registered
605 Posts
:cool:
Should have looked around before asking. Went to Buds site and got the info I needed. Thanks anyway racers. Hope to make it to a couple of the tracks.
Are the Hobby Town and The Gate road course only tracks?
Thanks, Dale

·
Registered
4,709 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
The Gate is road Classic's is oval and HobbyTown is road but THINKING of an oval or Tri-oval set up...but that is still in development...

·
Lifetime Member
1,091 Posts
Nil said:
Micro: Please offer my apologies to Steve (and likely Grizzly). I'm embroiled in my own project and can't get over there to help. BTW, while cleaning up the attic, I came across the "Legend of Lake Whipoorwill" issue of RC Car Action! That should give you some idea of how busy I am.
Hey Nil: What issue is that? I've got a BUNCH of old Car Action mags around here somewhere. I'll bet I have that one too. They're alot of fun to look at after a few years.

·
Registered
4,497 Posts
Micro_Racer said:
Ray -- ya track building is sooooo much FUN! -- NOT -- Alot of work goes into our little hobby.....

P.S. -- I know you have a BRP ..... bring it out!!!!
Yeah-and its had the NASA touch!! Good idea!!

Ray

·
Premium Member
923 Posts
Ok guys, except for some final cleanup and computer hook up track track is pretty much done. It might be a little rough around the edges, but it is only a semi-permant track. Steve, my brother Don and I would like to thank everyone that helped, Joe and Joey Carrol (hope I spelled it right) Don Smolik ( DonS), Gary (sorry Gary I can't remember your last name), Theo Williams and particularly Michael Elwood (Micro Racer) whose expertise in track laying was, I feel, invaluable to us getting finished on time.

·
Registered
4,709 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
The track is at the old DMV so it has counter space...if you bring a bar stool you are good to go. I don't see any problem with leaving a table, if you don't mide someone using it when you are not at the track....

1 - 20 of 247 Posts