Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
stopped by hobbytown USA today, same plaza as hobby lobby. Found two graffiti 4 gears (mustang and cuda) that were 8.00 each, listed as returned and for parts. Judging by the little bit of pickup shoe wear, someone didn't like them. Both run fine.

I am not a fan of the carfitti series, but for 8 bucks, I'll bite. Next up, Pinesol dip!

·
Villain
4,632 Posts
Let us know how the Pinesol dip does on these, I had heard there were some issues stripping the new AW bodies.

Gary
AKA LeeRoy98
www.marioncountyraceway.com
YES....please, someone chime in here, i have tried stripping a black Hearse now in 3 different solutions with no results. spic-n-span made it shiny, oven cleaner made it shiny, mineral spirits took the gloss off (after 3 days soaking) but didn't hurt the paint at all.

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
The only solution I have found is sand them with 600 to ruff up the paint and then I shoot Testor's White Primer and then go with you color of choice. It works great for me and you can sand down the graffitti splashes pretty easy. It works on ugly colors of dash bodies too LIKE 442's....
Clyde-0-Mite

·
Part Time Painter/Racer
8,683 Posts
Park Lane Hobbies carries it, ask for Jo An/Mittens...even Honda will most likely be there...219-322-1123...Just to clarify, there will be some stain on the plastic, but it will take the paint off, washes off with water and a toothbrush...Resin is a different character, will most likely soften up a resin body, but leave it alone after cleaning and it should harden back up in a day or two...RM

·
Geico ad . . . Offensive?
6,702 Posts
. . . Just to clarify, there will be some stain on the plastic, but it will take the paint off, washes off with water and a toothbrush . . . RM

This is typical of the results I am seeing using Scalecoat II:

Mostly it is stained as Randy says - in some spots where it is a little thicker yet you can usually work a little more off with a Q-tip and some thinner. But it is the only product I have seen that can kill the AW paint. :thumbsup:

·
Villain
4,632 Posts
well I tried Hobby Lobby, Michaels and Trains and Lanes (a local hobby store) No one claims to even heard of it.
Hobbytown usa is the last place I have to check out before I break down and pay shipping and wait for it.

·
Part Time Painter/Racer
8,683 Posts
Ed, Call Mittens (Jo An) at Park Lane Hobbies, she carries it...Ask for Honda, I think he's the store manager, if she's not there. :rolleyes: RM
219-322-1123

1 - 14 of 14 Posts