Hobbyist Forums banner
241 - 260 of 263 Posts
You know, I was doing alright with Panjo and then the $@&* hit the fan. I placed an ad. Got online later and had an Email saying my item was sold and my ad closed. Maybe I'm old skool but ads don't get closed until payment has been made or at least arranged. I purposely chose to handle payment arrangements so I could deal with interested parties IN THE ORDER they contacted me. No better way to piss off real forum users then to advertise something and have some outside buyer using an app to snipe the item from underneath them. And that's exactly how I feel. The forum users, some of whom I know personally or may have had previous dealings with are trying to deal with me honestly and BOOM...all of a sudden I lose control of my ad and those people feel slighted.
How strange it is to be upset that someone say's they're commited to buying my item.
So, the announcement by Hank say's we have the choice to choose listing only on Hobbytalk. Is this still the case ?? If so, how ?? I see nothing offering that option.
If this kind of thing is what we're stuck with, I'll do no more sales on the forum BUT since I've got this problem now...Can somebody tell me if I'm obligated to sell to the individual who somehow "bought" my item?? I didn't think they had the "BUY" option if the paypal link was disabled.

OK I just tested out the thing
Under Advance Options click the sharing and there is a box to check that says do not show this listing outside of Hobby Talk
Check it and it wont go to the Panjo site
Also you can do it without giving Paypal info
So right now we have an added step to what we used to have before Panjo
This was posted several pages back. If you want to try it; it is up to you, I am no longer using HT to buy, sell, or trade, so I don't care. Thought it might help other HT users.

You know, I was doing alright with Panjo and then the $@&* hit the fan. I placed an ad. Got online later and had an Email saying my item was sold and my ad closed. Maybe I'm old skool but ads don't get closed until payment has been made or at least arranged. I purposely chose to handle payment arrangements so I could deal with interested parties IN THE ORDER they contacted me. No better way to piss off real forum users then to advertise something and have some outside buyer using an app to snipe the item from underneath them. And that's exactly how I feel. The forum users, some of whom I know personally or may have had previous dealings with are trying to deal with me honestly and BOOM...all of a sudden I lose control of my ad and those people feel slighted.
How strange it is to be upset that someone say's they're commited to buying my item.
So, the announcement by Hank say's we have the choice to choose listing only on Hobbytalk. Is this still the case ?? If so, how ?? I see nothing offering that option.
If this kind of thing is what we're stuck with, I'll do no more sales on the forum BUT since I've got this problem now...Can somebody tell me if I'm obligated to sell to the individual who somehow "bought" my item?? I didn't think they had the "BUY" option if the paypal link was disabled.
I agree completely with you Evoracer. I was on the other side of the situation. I used the Panjo buy it now and bought an item that was sold two days earlier. The HT member (an honest seller, which most are) refunded my money. But that was when things started down hill for me.

Thanks for posting that info from Promatchracer. If I use HT to try and sell something else I'll try that info out and see how it goes.
Maybe it would help if there was a "tutorial" on how to use Panjo. I never would've figured out how to limit the ad to HT viewers only.

I asked for info like a guide several posts back and received no answer. As I see it Panjo is in it for the money and could care less about who knows how to use their system. Good luck getting any more info out of them.

I asked for info like a guide several posts back and received no answer. As I see it Panjo is in it for the money and could care less about who knows how to use their system. Good luck getting any more info out of them.
Feel free to call: 1-424-272-0291 for Panjo support.
Feel free to email: info@panjo.com for Panjo support.
Feel free to Skype: tmourmouras or chadbillmyer for Panjo support.

We use best efforts to monitor this thread. However, as is evident, we fell behind answering members questions on this thread. The above methods are the fastest way to get help from a Panjo team member. Panjo's contact info is on the Panjo contact page and at the bottom of the HobbyTalk marketplace.

You know, I was doing alright with Panjo and then the $@&* hit the fan. I placed an ad. Got online later and had an Email saying my item was sold and my ad closed. Maybe I'm old skool but ads don't get closed until payment has been made or at least arranged. I purposely chose to handle payment arrangements so I could deal with interested parties IN THE ORDER they contacted me. No better way to piss off real forum users then to advertise something and have some outside buyer using an app to snipe the item from underneath them. And that's exactly how I feel. The forum users, some of whom I know personally or may have had previous dealings with are trying to deal with me honestly and BOOM...all of a sudden I lose control of my ad and those people feel slighted.... Can somebody tell me if I'm obligated to sell to the individual who somehow "bought" my item?? I didn't think they had the "BUY" option if the paypal link was disabled.
You have full control. When you created your listing, you said you wanted to collect payment on your own. A buyer came along and indicated he/she wanted to purchase your item. The marketplace system notified you and marked the item as sold so that no other buyers could attempt to purchase the item. This helps minimize the negative buyer experience of inquiring about or attempting to purchase an item that is not available. You are not obligated to complete the purchase with the first buyer to come along. No payment has taken place. You can turn that buyer down and relist your item.

The same principles apply if you choose to collect payment via the PayPal integration. You could receive a payment and decide not to sell the item to the buyer and refund the buyer's payment and relist the item.

Feel free to call: 1-424-272-0291 for Panjo support.
Feel free to email: info@panjo.com for Panjo support.
Feel free to Skype: tmourmouras or chadbillmyer for Panjo support.

We use best efforts to monitor this thread. However, as is evident, we fell behind answering members questions on this thread. The above methods are the fastest way to get help from a Panjo team member. Panjo's contact info is on the Panjo contact page and at the bottom of the HobbyTalk marketplace.
Thanks for posting this information. Those who might still buy, sell, or trade on HT by using Panjo might need it. Since I will not use the service...I don't.

If I'm paying via Paypal why do I have to provide all that info before being directed to Paypal???? Ridiculous!!! And this is the 3rd time I'm bringing up this issue. Why can't I use my bank account when paying through Paypal??? If you guys can't get easy stuff like this right you've got to go! We don't want this!!! There are several online stores I deal with. I pay ALL of them with my Paypal account so I don't want to hear anymore bullshit about it being on their end. Because its NOT!!! FIX THIS!!! I've had enough!!! I used to make several transactions per month on hobbytalk. I won't make any until this is fixed.

Joe,

Same excuse I got when my first Panjo transaction was incorrect. They blamed PayPal but the screen I saw and had to use was not a PayPal screen.

No more HT buying, selling, or trading for me. After all these years and 84 successful transactions on HT, sorry to leave. I have lots of friends on here but I am not willing to deal with a company that doesn't know what it is doing, blames others, and causes this much grief for its "customers".

If I'm paying via Paypal why do I have to provide all that info before being directed to Paypal???? Ridiculous!!! And this is the 3rd time I'm bringing up this issue. Why can't I use my bank account when paying through Paypal??? If you guys can't get easy stuff like this right you've got to go! We don't want this!!! There are several online stores I deal with. I pay ALL of them with my Paypal account so I don't want to hear anymore bullshit about it being on their end. Because its NOT!!! FIX THIS!!! I've had enough!!! I used to make several transactions per month on hobbytalk. I won't make any until this is fixed.
If you click the "Buy Now" button on a listing in the HobbyTalk marketplace and if the seller is using the integrated PayPal payment processing, you are prompted to enter shipping information first. This is because a new feature is coming in two weeks that will dynamically calculate the shipping price based on the distance between the buyer and seller. Thus, the system needs to collect the buyer's shipping address before the buyer can pay the total amount due.

You can use your bank account to purchase an item via the HobbyTalk marketplace, however, you must first transfer the balance due into your PayPal account. Why? PayPal's API doesn't support immediate fund transfer via bank account. Thus, if a buyer tried to pay for a HobbyTalk marketplace item via bank account, the seller would get a notice that the item sold and the seller could ship the item to the buyer only to find out within the next 24-48 hours that the buyer's payment didn't clear or that there weren't enough funds available in the bank account. That could put the seller at risk for shipping an item to a buyer without guaranteed payment.

I use direct payment from my checking account through PayPal all the time. What do you mean PayPal's API doesn't support it? What is API?
Computer Term: Application Programming Interface.

It is the way scripts in the various web pages we use can communicate with the servers at PayPal to do transactions (among other things). I know this because I am a programmer too (not that I write PayPal apps, but I looked at the PayPal API after reading up on Panjo). PayPal provides online documentation of their programming interface and that information is totally irrelvant to users just making payments or receiving money, but absolutely necessary for developers building applications that interface with PayPal.

Just because you use direct payment at the PayPal web site doesn't mean the application programming interface works with direct payment. It is very common for companies to build features in their software that are not available to others via the programming interface. Microrsoft has gone through numerous court cases because of this.

Discussion starter · #255 ·
There was a glitch found when the Trader Rating were imported. The problem has been found and the ratings have been reimported. Everyone should now have the correct number of Seller (Buyer rating the seller) feedback ratings.

The feedback rating system is scheduled for a revamp and new features will be added. Planned improvements are allowing the seller rating the buyer, being able to rate even if the Panjo checkout isn't used, allow a reply to feedback that was left. If you have any additional suggestions for improvement let us know.

There was a glitch found when the Trader Rating were imported. The problem has been found and the ratings have been reimported. Everyone should now have the correct number of Seller (Buyer rating the seller) feedback ratings.

The feedback rating system is scheduled for a revamp and new features will be added. Planned improvements are allowing the seller rating the buyer, being able to rate even if the Panjo checkout isn't used, allow a reply to feedback that was left. If you have any additional suggestions for improvement let us know.
Nope. I've got none. I was over 100 before.

Mark when I pay an online store using Paypal I'm not going to my account directly. It pops up through the website just like Panjo. BUT I CAN PAY DIRECTLY FROM MY BANK ACCOUNT!!! So whatever API or whatever its called they are using is broken or out of date.

Mark when I pay an online store using Paypal I'm not going to my account directly. It pops up through the website just like Panjo. BUT I CAN PAY DIRECTLY FROM MY BANK ACCOUNT!!! So whatever API or whatever its called they are using is broken or out of date.
On all the occasions I have done what you describe (paying using PayPal at an online store), I always get to the PayPal web site directly, whereupon I have to enter my email address and password on a web page that starts with "https://www.paypal.com". Then I can choose whatever payment method I like. So that may not be the same as what Panjo is doing.

I know that on some occasions, making payments like this (for instance, I recently bought some batteries from SPC Racing) that PayPal "Authorizes" the payment but does not complete the transaction at that time. I say this because PayPal specifically says (paraphrasing slightly): "You may have made this payment with your credit card, but if you add funds to your PayPal account before the transaction completes, those funds may be used to pay the authorized amounts."

That may well be different than what Panjo is doing using the API where they do the whole transaction using their scripts, rather than sending you to the PayPal web site.

Of course I don't know for sure because I haven't bought anything off HobbyTalk since Panjo appeared.

Joe - yes, there are limitations that PayPal imposes on the API the HobbyTalk marketplace is using. We are exploring other options.

241 - 260 of 263 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.