Hobbyist Forums banner
221 - 240 of 263 Posts
I have used it...I see ZERO advantages...besides we all know there will be a fee charged by Panjo sooner or later
I agree,
why else would Panjo force everyone to create a separate post for each item they're selling.

Anybody else noticed everyone's iTrader Rating link has been removed, now you can't even see the # of rating a seller had !

It would have been just as easy for Panjo to leave the iTrader Rating file and make it (READ ONLY) as it was for them to remove it. At least that way buyer's could have seen the seller's past ratings, even if you couldn't add to them.

I keep seeing HT user's blaming "Hank" for these problems, just so they know, the HT user (hankster) is not HT founder Harold "Hank" Hagquist. Hank sold HobbyTalk in 2012 - http://www.linkedin.com/in/hobbytalk

just my 2¢ worth !

I agree,
why else would Panjo force everyone to create a separate post for each item they're selling.

Anybody else noticed everyone's iTrader Rating link has been removed, now you can't even see the # of rating a seller had !

It would have been just as easy for Panjo to leave the iTrader Rating file and make it (READ ONLY) as it was for them to remove it. At least that way buyer's could have seen the seller's past ratings, even if you couldn't add to them.

I keep seeing HT user's blaming "Hank" for these problems, just so they know, the HT user (hankster) is not HT founder Harold "Hank" Hagquist. Hank sold HobbyTalk in 2012 - http://www.linkedin.com/in/hobbytalk

just my 2¢ worth !
I really appreciate my rating of 84 being dumped. That's OK HT Panjobama, I also have excellent ratings on RCTECH.com, DIRTOVAL.com, and E-bay. Always liked HT more than the others but not anymore.

Yes, Hank (the original) sold. Interesting that they keep using his name; I guess they are trying to pass the blame to him.

Discussion starter · #226 ·
They have not been eliminated. It has been imported into the classifed section. If you view an item for sale, their rating is under their username at the bottom of the listing. So far only feedback left by buyers have been imported. As soon as the software is updated to allow feedback by the sellers, that info will be imported into the system.

Discussion starter · #227 ·
We admit that the new feedback system is lacking some features. We will be rolling out new features when ready. Such as allowing feedback from sellers on buyers, allowing a reply to a feedback left to you, putting the feedback rating under your name on posts if you have items for sale, allowing feedback if a person chooses not to use the Panjo checkout.

It's not as simple as just writing a couple lines of code to add these things. This is a secure system (notice the https:// when you go to the pages) and any changes to the code need to have a security audit to make sure it does not inject any security holes into the system.

Again, my two main questions are why was a system installed that had so many short comings that were obviously never caught in any testing; if any testing was done? Why is it necessary for sellers and buyers to suffer while they wait on fixes that should have never been required in the first place?

A few more questions that cross my mind: Was there a beta test of Panjo? If so, how long? Who monitored the test or tests? Was a list of deficiencies developed and code written to correct them before final installation?

Just food for thought for future "improvements" to HT.

The only thing I like about the current system is posting pictures. Bring back the old system along with the new way of doing pictures . If it's not possible give me the old way. Chuck Coakley.

Panjo...3% fee is imminent...This is not ebay it is a forum. Forums are about free trade of ideas and products. Forums should also be designed FOR THEIR USERS! If people are this unhappy with changes they need to be removed.

They have not been eliminated. It has been imported into the classifed section. If you view an item for sale, their rating is under their username at the bottom of the listing. So far only feedback left by buyers have been imported. As soon as the software is updated to allow feedback by the sellers, that info will be imported into the system.
I think only feedback left by "Panjo" buyers has been imported, because I don't see any of my HT buyer's feed back under my username at the bottom of a current listing in the classifed section.

Attachments

Fat Penguin must be improved version of Panjo. They have a clock on the wall so at least the operators know what time it is.......

So inquiring minds want to know is this photo shopped or do they have a secret identity. I think it is the latter since their performance is like a comic book plot.

Tried to post an ad 3 times and it came up with an error and said an administrator would be notified. Is this the only way to post an ad now?? Very disappointed if so, this is the only site I use for rc stuff and now the buy/sell forums are useless to me as a seller...

If you want to use Panjo, it is the only way. You can just do a thread like we did in the past; however, I haven't been able to post a pic in over 18 months and the administators can't fix the problem. Even after I sent them the error message two times. You might be able to post a pic, you won't know unless you try it first. Good Luck. I am doing all my buying, selling, and trading outside of Panjo and off the Hobby Talk site now. Hated to see my 84 rating disappear but it is gone forever.

221 - 240 of 263 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.