Hobbyist Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

· Administrator
51,472 Posts
Missed out on this! Nico would have been my top pick for 3rd place out of 5 racers at Silverston. So for Hungary I will go with

1) Nico R
2) Kimi
3) Max
4) Seb
5) Daniel

for the third place finisher!

· Administrator
51,472 Posts
Not aware of any team updates planned for Hungary and teams have already started working towards 2017. Silly season was pretty much stymied by Kimis re-signing with Ferrari. The primary barriers to over come will be equpment failure penalties. And with 5 drivers to choose from it is almost a lock to pic one for 3rd place!

· Administrator
51,472 Posts
Jim,

You should give it a try again. There is a new USA team called HAAS that is racing this year. They are not doing as well as earler, but for a new team - they are not back markers and have scored points several times this year. :thumbsup:

Here are the driver line ups for this year. Add Loise Hamilton to the 5 names above and pick your own 5 from those 6 - you cant lose if you just post your 5 names!

http://www.bbc.com/sport/formula1/30427769

· Administrator
51,472 Posts
No, they didnt. But, this was a series of good choices on their part; I believe. They allied themselves with Ferrari for engines. Dallaria for the chassis. Hired Guenther Steiner to be the team principle. They also bought the old Marrusa complex in England to use as their European point of operations. They do have a facility next to the NASCAR office in Kannapolis as their main headquarters. One drive is French and the other Mexican. There is an up and coming US driver on board for testing and eventually a seat when the current drivers move on who despite his name Santino Ferrucci is a US Citizen. With F1 being an international sport this business model has proven successful already with multiply points scored on debut and since then. This ensures a good financial basis to move forward on with the F1 revenue sharing program.

· Administrator
51,472 Posts
My bag of bones says this.

1. Hamilton
2. Rosberg
3. Riccardo
4. Vettle

I'll stick with these 4. But 1 & 2 and 3 & 4 may be reversed. lol

HASS may get a point?
Just checking to make sure you know you are picking who is most likely to finish 3rd - not the finish order for the race. In other words you are picking Hamilton as your first choice to finish 3rd - scoring you 25 points, then Roseberg as your 2nd choice (18 points), then Riccardo (15 points) as your thrid choice...

· Administrator
51,472 Posts
Being Malaysia, I think FP2 is at 1 AM Central time on Friday this week. I am usually still up then!

Can we change our selections as long as it is prior to the deadline?

· Administrator
51,472 Posts
The new track surface and with most teams choosing the soft tires predomentially - will make like it is a first time race. I like the new off camber turn 15 configuration as well. :thumbsup:

· Administrator
51,472 Posts
My DVR didnt pick up the race this morning - so I have avoided this thread to catch the rebroadcast this evening - after NASCAR from this afternoon.

That was an interesting race! Poor Hammy blew up (snicker-snicker). I dont think Nico could have even seen Vettel coming up the inside and if Max hadnt of slowed up - Vettel would have probably taken all 3 of them out for sure.

Congrates to Red Bull on their finish and to Roseberg for placing 3rd! :D

· Administrator
51,472 Posts
I understand your viewpoint, but Vettel should also have know better - that he could not have made that turn radius - at that rate of speed - knowing (ie visually seeing) there were already two cars going around the turn in front of him - before he filled the open gap. Vettel was just as vocal about Max doing the same bone headed move in the previous race. I havent watched it in slow motion or frame by frame and didnt know Vettel actually made contact with Verstappen as well. Hobbs called it during the incident, but I thought he had actually missed Max. Anyway, Nico got very lucky in not getting any damage and being able to finish the race.

Did you get any indication from your review why Verstappen wasnt more to the inside already?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.