Hobbyist Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
13,669 Posts
I'm well out of this. Few of the names mean anything to me anymore, especially without the benefit of last names! I haven't followed F1 to any great extent since the great Ayrton Senna was killed in a wreck live on TV back in the 80's. I WAS pretty into it back in the 70's when Mario Andretti took the championship for Lotus in 1978.

· Registered
13,669 Posts
I admit it: I'm a NASCAR fan and, as such, I am somewhat familiar with the Haas team. It's principal, Gene Hass (of Hass CNC Machine Tools), is the co-owner of the Stewart-Haas Racing NASCAR team, the team he holds with Tony Stewart and fields cars for Stewart, Kevin Harvick, Danica Patrick, and Kurt Busch. Haas's involvement in F1 was widely discussed on the NASCAR broadcasts when it was in the earliest stages (before they ever built their first car), although they haven't really said much about it in the past year or two. Have they stayed true to their contention that they wanted to keep it an all-American team as much as possible with American drivers, designers, builders, crew, etc?

· Registered
13,669 Posts
I don't follow F1 anymore (Ayrton Senna's death killed it for me), but I was shocked to hear that Nico Rosberg decided to retire on top and announced it at a press conference earlier today. More power to him. He said that he had nothing more to prove and he wanted to retire at the top of his game. The only thing that runs counter to that, at least to me, was how his father often said that he felt he'd retired too early. Nico is only 31. Damn, I wish I had skills like his and had the option of retiring at 31!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.